Whats wrong with Pacioretty???

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Come on now, I think we are ALL Max Pac fans here but he is not playing well in his last 10 games, it is worrying.

And yet, 6 pts in those 10 games with 42 shots on goals. He produces even when not at his best. I think it's time to try him with a new center.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
He's had his ups and downs last year (as opposed to last year where he seemed to be more consistently "up") but still, can't argue with the numbers. Only Hab fans will argue that their leading scorer is "a Max Lapierre clone", "useless except for his shot", etc.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
He's still young and making progress, he's less streakish this year than last year. With help from the coaching staff, I'm quite confident to see him get more regular he just needs to shoot the puck more in the slot.

Poulet Kostopoulos

Oct 23, 2009
Stats-wise, he looks great. But lately, he's been pretty useless (when he doesn't score). Really need to work in his defense. Would love if he drives the net more and be less of a perimeter player but hey, can't have everything. So less a liability on defense would be a good start.

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
Not the shadow of the player he used to be.. I know he has never had the best hands out there but this year he just looks like a Max Lapierre clone..:help:

This year? Is this a joke? He's been amazing until our win march 3 against the Bruins. Since then he's been pretty bad. But a player struggles for 10 games, and suddently he sucks for the whole year?

I think it's time Pacioretty played with Plekanec. Trying it can't hurt.

Shred

Nov 1, 2005
He's still hurt from his broken neck, probably why he's not playing as recklessly as he used to. Still a pretty useful player, we'll see what he turns into the next few seasons.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
He's 24 and just about played 3 fulls NHL seasons. 90 points in his last 107 games. All without a top notch center. Wow. Be thankful and appreciate the good young player we have.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Come on now, I think we are ALL Max Pac fans here but he is not playing well in his last 10 games, it is worrying.

Is worrying the right word?

Worrying is $27.5M Grabovski with 14 in 34 games and -9.

MaxPac has 6 points in his last 11 games. Far from worrying.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
26 points in 29 games? What a scrub.

Agree.

No need to criticize Pacioretty for anything.

Without Pacioretty's assist tonight, Gallagher does not score.

Threads like this make my head hurt.:shakehead

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Is worrying the right word?

Worrying is $27.5M Grabovski with 14 in 34 games and -9.

MaxPac has 6 points in his last 11 games. Far from worrying.

Maybe not the right word but something needs to be done because the DD-MaxPac magic is gone for a while.

I'd try MaxPac and Eller.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven
Agree.

No need to criticize Pacioretty for anything.

Without Pacioretty's assist tonight, Gallagher does not score.

Threads like this make my head hurt.:shakehead

Most people don't know anything about hockey, they think because a player is a good goal scorer that he should be scoring goals every game.

Hockey is a very difficult sport to play, doesn't matter how talented you are, some nights, things will not go your way.

Pacio is projected to be at 65-75pts per season and so far he's excelled and could even do better than expected.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Most people don't know anything about hockey, they think because a player is a good goal scorer that he should be scoring goals every game.

Hockey is a very difficult sport to play, doesn't matter how talented you are, some nights, things will not go your way.

Pacio is projected to be at 65-75pts per season and so far he's excelled and could even do better than expected.

Desharnais gets an assist tonight. Eller gets an assist tonight.

Break up the Desharnais, Pacioretty and Gallagher line.

I wish that this entire Eller vs Desharnais "Who's on 2nd line and Who's on 3rd line" crap would end.

Great game by all three of our top lines tonight.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
IMO Pacioretty is alright, but having Gallagher on his line playing like a monster doesn't make him look good.

BlackStar

Aug 12, 2010
He looks like he is lacking energy. Other than that, he needs a better centre than DD. He should be playing with Eller and B.Gally. Nevertheless, it's amazing that he is still putting up near ppg stats when he's been somewhat inconsistent this year. Goal-scorers obviously go through times like this, but this is when they are supposed to be fed well by their centre, but DD has been awful for much of the season.

I understand Therrien's reasoning, but Eller should be promoted over DD.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Maybe. I was thinking more on the line of splitting Pacioretty and Gallagher. It almost seems as if Patch is letting Gallagher do the dirty work now. He needs to get in there!

Every goal that line has though is created by those 2. DD and Pacioretty need some time apart, nothing happening between them. Maybe time for Galchenyuk to have some time with DD? They can be the soft minutes line.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I do think it's time to break up Pacioretty and Desharnais. And no, I'm not saying cut Desharnais or something, but they both should be tried in different roles. That line is taking up too many good scoring chances.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pacioretty is being Pacioretty. He's a streaky player.

Having said that, I dont like having Gallagher and desharnais on the same line. I know there's limited options right now with the injury bug going through, but I hope we can split them apart when the forwards get healthier as a group.

Mats NAslund

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Problem is Desharnais.
If Desharnais isn't getting him the puck then Patches isn't productive.
Patches is not a one man show he's kind of like Ryder, needs someone to get him the puck, he's not a guy who will go end to end with it.

Desharnais is struggling, Patches struggles along with him. Gallagher can wheel and hands decent hands and a good shot. He's game is more rounded then either Desharnais or Pacioretty

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->