What's Wrong With MacArthur/ Why was Clarky such a priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSenator

The other guys
Apr 4, 2013
Ottawa, ON
This is more related to Clarke MacArthur than David Clarkson, but a mod closed the previous thread just as I was about to hit 'post' and I don't feel like wasting the info I dug up/ I still have a few questions regarding Mac's play.

People on this board have been trying to criticize Murray's decision to sign MacArthur for 2x$3.25 when you just signed Clarkson to 7x$5...

Mac = 0.54 PPG. (0.65 PPG since 2010/11.)

Clarky = 0.39 PPG. (0.37 PPG since 2010/11.)

So MacArthur scores almost twice as much.

Mac has almost twice as many blocked shots since 09.(Even though Clarkson's played roughly 15 more games.)

He was also a +3 on a struggling Leafs team while Clarkson was a -34 on a NJ team that was a perennial playoff team and made a run to the cup finals.

Clarkson however, has between 3-4x the PM's and about 1.75x more hits.

So to sum it up, Nonis coughed up an extra $2 million dollars and twice the term for a player that scores half as much, blocks half the shots, is less dependable and spends far more time in the penalty box. But he hits more and fights sometimes, so it's somehow justified.

I think the Raymond signing was brilliant, and I commend your GM for that move, but why exactly did you guys want Clarkson so much?

And what exactly did Clarky do to get thrown in Carlyle's dog-house??

Last edited:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Yes, you're right a moderator did close the thread. You aren't above the Rules to just start a new one.

A brief summary of the previous thread:

Sens fans: MacA doesn't suck!

Leafs fans: Yes he does!

Saved you some time and us some hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad