What's wrong (and will it change VS the flyers or stars)

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I am not overreacting, though that word has become popular in the realm of our fanbase.

It is good to be back, though it took a slump of terrible hockey to get me back to posting daily.

Maybe we all have a different view, but we've all watched the same team for the last 28 games (give or take.)

We play a Flyers team that is turning around (with a better record than us in the past ten)
Then we play the Stars who are in the sky right now

What's wrong with the team, and what needs to happen to win these games? and what will really happen in these games?

I'm not entirely sure, but I would definitely like to see line combinations stay the same for two full games. If Steen and Bouwmeester are gonna miss the net, whether it be a blocked shot or a wide shot (respectively), something needs to be done on the PP construction.

I think we lose to Philly 2-1.

I hope we beat Dallas 8-0.

Renard

Nov 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
We weren't scoring at even strength, and the power play was powerless. That was the cause of our recent poor record.

Why weren't we scoring? We were getting nothing by way of offense from any line except the top line. Some guys we were counting on to be contributors on the second and third lines were producing nothing - Lehtera, Jaskin, Fabbri, Backes. We have been slow to clear the defensive zone, allowing our opponents to set up in the neutral zone or blue line and wait for us to try to gain the offensive zone.

The power play? Winning faceoffs to start the power play is a big deal, and having Stastny back will help us in that respect. Most teams wind up shooting from the point on the power play and hope for a goal or a rebound. We now have Shattenkirk back to do most of the shooting. I love Steen as a player, but not as a point man on the power play. I would like to see more of Parayko on the point, and get him to use his powerful shot. I'd be in favor of playing Gomez on the powerplay too.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
I expect the Stars to beat the Blues pretty handily. They are generating more scoring chances than the Blues are shots lately.

Yeah...Blues had a hard time beating Dallas when Dallas stunk. Now that they're a power-house, it's going to be even more difficult for them to get a point or two.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
Dave Hakstol Flyers head coach. Hak is brilliant and was available this summer. Flyers took a chance and it's already panning out.

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
It's bad when multiple records are being broken against us in an extremely short time frame.

"Toronto has not beat stl at home in 80 years!" -whoops us as if we are beer league

"Blues are only team Crosby has NEVER scored against!" - Instantly nets 2 goals

"Giroux has NEVER scored against the Blues!" - dekes entire team for an easy open netter

"Flyers have not scored a goal against the blues for 67,965 minutes straight!" - pockets 4

Not even sure how often the freaking Panthers beat us at home, but I can only imagine it has been once in the last 76 years. We looked HORRIBLE against them.

Jackets beat us handily on home ice...

This trend is becoming all too common.

We are the team to play if you want an easy 2 points.

fishsandwichpatrol

Mar 29, 2014
Upstate SC
It's bad when multiple records are being broken against us in an extremely short time frame.

"Toronto has not beat stl at home in 80 years!" -whoops us as if we are beer league

"Blues are only team Crosby has NEVER scored against!" - Instantly nets 2 goals

"Giroux has NEVER scored against the Blues!" - dekes entire team for an easy open netter

"Flyers have not scored a goal against the blues for 67,965 minutes straight!" - pockets 4

Not even sure how often the freaking Panthers beat us at home, but I can only imagine it has been once in the last 76 years. We looked HORRIBLE against them.

Jackets beat us handily on home ice...

This trend is becoming all too common.

We are the team to play if you want an easy 2 points.

"Blues have never won a cup!" - Blues win their first cup :naughty:

zachws6

Nov 8, 2010
STL
"Blues have never won a cup!" - Blues win their first cup :naughty:

Hey if they want to sneak into the playoffs with a miserably mediocre season, then go on a post season terror... I'm all for it. Will believe it when I see it. At least we have generally been an elite regular season team in year's past. The path we are on now is rather painful to watch. I will indeed keep watching though. It's what we do.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Dave Hakstol Flyers head coach. Hak is brilliant and was available this summer. Flyers took a chance and it's already panning out.
Is it really? I mean the Flyers aren't a good hockey team. Sure he doesn't have the best roster to work with but let's pump the brakes on acting like they hired a mastermind. Way too early to tell.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011

Flyers are second last in the league in goals per game, doesn't seem like it's panning out quite yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad