What's with the Booth hate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
He isn't the 30 goal scorer he was a couple of years ago, so people think he's worthless.

Yes, he has flaws, but so do many of our other players.

Smokey McCanucks

PuckDaddy "Perfect HFBoard Trade Proposal 02/24/14
Dec 21, 2010
He's been completely invisible on the ice so far this season, why, I can't remember a single memorable shift the guy has had!

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
I don't even want to begin.

It is not just because he hasn't got back to his one year of 30 goal scoring/60 point ability while playing first line minutes without a system on a terrible team. It's about his overall game, lack of hockey sense, how he's injured every season, how he doesn't see the ice, can't pass, has no chemistry with kesler, skates with his head down, did not produce one single bit during the last 20 games last season, he's not even good in his own zone.

He is good at two things, skating fast and jamming at pucks near the net. Even a guy like Raymond is a way smarter player, Booth is a bigger version of Raymond making way more money and is nowhere near as complete as a hockey player.

Last edited:

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
Yeah, we should ditch Booth and pickup David Jones and his 4 year 4M contract.

4.2M doesn't buy what it used to.

LickTheEnvelope

Time to Retool... again...
Dec 16, 2008
Vancouver
Everyone not named Schneider sucked in the playoffs.

That was Booth's first post season he'd played in. I'm going to give him a little slack here.

Ya I guess it's partly that some of the others we have seen play well over a long playoff run and my only 5 games watching Booth in the playoffs he was invisible.

BTW this is also my case against Raymond still, poor playoffs.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Ya I guess it's partly that some of the others we have seen play well over a long playoff run and my only 5 games watching Booth in the playoffs he was invisible.

BTW this is also my case against Raymond still, poor playoffs.

My issue is more with Kesler than it is when anyone else. We needed him healthy more than anything, especially after Daniel went down, and instead of resting after bumming his shoulder in February he continued to play to a substandard level likely aggravating the existing injury.

Raymond hasn't been fully healthy since 2011 and I like what he's doing this season so I give him one more go. It's not like there's much else to replace him for the 2M and change he makes.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
The higher the salary, the higher the expectations... and he hasn't nearly achieved the expectation commensurate with his salary.

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
The higher the salary, the higher the expectations... and he hasn't nearly achieved the expectation commensurate with his salary.

David Booth 2011-12 Vancouver Canucks
GP56 G16 A13 P29

That's more than .5PPG and that's what 4M gets you. He was playing with an ineffective Ryan Kesler for the time he wasn't injured either. Not to mention, he wasn't a staple on the PP2 unit until after Boston when he came back so there isn't much PP padding there. How has he underachieved exactly?

That's a pace of 23 G and 19 A for a total of 42P in a full season. With a huge slump in the middle during March.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Showed some intriguing things during his time here last year. The hate from a couple of the posters I've read is premature at best and nauseating to read. I don't know if he will be worth his contract, but I'm interested in finding out

cutcopy

May 31, 2011
The guy was a defensive liability. Also, he can't seem to dish out passes or receive one, from what I remembered last season. Who knows, maybe he's gotten better...

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Because he's an All-American American.

amurika-funny-32-2a325a71-sz288x200.jpg

Just through a jersey on it and we've got a Booth doppleganger.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
He's played 56 games and he hasn't scored 56 times. But seriously, people are too impatient when a new player comes around.

BoHorvatFan

Dec 13, 2009
Vancouver
The guy was a defensive liability. Also, he can't seem to dish out passes or receive one, from what I remembered last season. Who knows, maybe he's gotten better...

He doesn't have the vision to make quick passes, his passing ability is pathetic for a top 6 forward. Unless he starts playing with his head up and making quick reads and decisions he will never be even decent at passing the puck.

As for receiving passes that's anticipation once again, he has none of it.

Defence, who needs it when you can skate fast!

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
This will be locked soon. I just wanna say, I like Booth as a hockey player, I think he is worth the money he makes a quick google search will find enough material to prove it, and brings a lot to the team. And as a person, I actually think he is a great role model, I would go into it but It's not hockey related so.

Frankiedarling

Jan 27, 2012
Seattle, Washington
Wait, we're not happy with his production? In spite of being injured and adapting to a new team and system, the guy put up .5 ppg.

Are you kidding?

What the hell do you want?

He's a big, fast forward who likes to drive to the net and can freaking score. What else are we expecting? What more do you want for that amount of money?

thepuckmonster

Professional Winner.
Oct 25, 2011
Vancouver
Wait, we're not happy with his production? In spite of being injured and adapting to a new team and system, the guy put up .5 ppg.

Are you kidding?

What the hell do you want?

He's a big, fast forward who likes to drive to the net and can freaking score. What else are we expecting? What more do you want for that amount of money?

They want James Neal, DAMNIT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad