What's With Hank?

RedWingsNow*

Zetterberg's last 15 games
2 goals (both against Vancouver)
5 assists
Even though the Wings have been pretty decent over the last 15 games, I think.

In his first 19 games:
6 goals, 19 assists, +3

I'd like to see Franzen back on Zetterberg's wing and Brunner playing with Datsyuk

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
25103267.jpg

But it's just a slump. Everyone will go through one, he may be tired from playing in Europe & the condensed schedule.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
This team really lacks top 6 talent up front.

Filppula, injuries or not, is having an awful season.

Franzen is who he is now.

When two of Abdelkader/Miller/Cleary make up your top 6 it's pretty telling.

Z needs to start finding the back of the net more though. That and stop getting scored on so frequently.

Datsyuk's a great player, but he shouldn't be leading the team in goals. But he is. Not because he's been on a goal scoring rage, but because the team lacks quality goal scorers right now.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

Z needs to start finding the back of the net more though. That and stop getting scored on so frequently.

Datsyuk's a great player, but he shouldn't be leading the team in goals. But he is. Not because he's been on a goal scoring rage, but because the team lacks quality goal scorers right now.

It also doesn't help when the guy who was leading the team in goals is banished to the 4th line or is a healthy scratch while far less talented players are immune to having their ice-time cut because as babcock says "they are over 6 feet tall every shift" (paraphrasing I know, but its pretty much what he said)

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone

Our team is fine. We're getting people back at the deadline. None of that above information matters. All we have to do is get into the playoffs and we have a shot at the cup. Just relax...

tumblr_m9lm9e5Sqe1qegw8v.gif

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
He's just not that good anymore. Lots of shots from weak angles.

Used to be damn near impossible to take the puck from Z. Lately he's been getting burned.

Shadywing19

Jan 26, 2013
Honesty. I think are offensive woes lately has a lot to do with the lack of confidence they have in the current d-core. The d has looked ok lately. But I still think pavel and hank feel they need to be more defensive minded because they don't have the confidence in the backend they have had the last few years. So they are not able to just let loose. That's how I feel. Probably not reality. In reality he's probably just slumping. But I do really feel he's had to play a more defensive game as opposed to and offensive game with the departure of Stuart and lids.

Vladdy84

L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
Dec 1, 2011
Farmington

Dude, Sammy is coming back! Problem solved! :laugh:

Datsyuk should actually score more goals. But I agree if he has an elite winger, said winger should be scoring 40+ a season while Datsyuk nets 30+.

loLZokAY

str8 gonger
Apr 11, 2011
It's his first year as Captain, so he has a bigger role. I'm not saying things change dramatically or this is the biggest influential factor, but it has to play some type of role. He was looking like 2009 Zetty at the beginning of the season, then I really think he tweaked or re-aggravated his back. I think it's to the point that he's willing to play, but he isn't 100%. Then again, he did just have that initial jump over everyone alongside Brunner due to playing in the lockout. It may just be that the rest of the league has caught up with them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad