What's up with Florida?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Florida was supposed to be competing for McDavid. So yeah, what's up with Florida? Why are they so good?

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Cross-checks and goalie interference are called 10/10 times, so that's 2/3...

The crosscheck on Bolland was weak as hell..

The goalie interference was more a product of your guy pushing Kopecky towards Lundqvist..

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Still not the point.

It was still weak calls and one of them gave you the lead and after that it was really not the same play from our side.
Ok well that's your team's fault, no?

Anyway, I'm hoping they can still grab a playoff spot; No one expected them to be this good.

Yeah but its not easy when you lose momentum when the opponents gets a PP on a bs call.
Fair enough. I wish NHL.com had highlights of the penalties in their post-games, but w/e.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
All your PPs wer doubtful calls.

You had your 1 goal on the cheap Zuccarello one and it makes a diffrence.

And its 5, i dont count the 6 as it is a empty netter.

Dude,

Boyle's goal was a deflection by Mitchell, Nash scores short-handed on a break-away, Staal's goal was the result of a bad line-change on your end and Zucc's goal was a soft rebound given up by Luongo.

None of those goals had anything to do with the refs.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
Dude,

Boyle's goal was a deflection by Mitchell, Nash scores short-handed on a break-away, Staal's goal was the result of a bad line-change on your end and Zucc's goal was a soft rebound given up by Luongo.

Well the refs forced the Panthers to play a man up which allowed Nash to abuse Ekblad on that shorty

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Dude,

The game shifted so much when you scored the 2nd that i knew that the game was lost even though we tied it up later.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
A team with outstanding potential but I never bought them as a potential playoff team this season, even when they were within striking distance about a month ago

In fact the eastern conference playoff race is pretty much done, only seeding to play for. I doubt anybody outside the current top 8 really puts a scare to make the playoffs

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The game shifted so much when you scored the 2nd that i knew that the game was lost even though we tied it up later.

You scored 2 quick goals, had a massive 2nd period and started off great in the 3rd. Rangers recovered and no call or non-call had anything to do with that. Rangers just shifted into overdrive and we had some lucky bounces, but no help from the refs.

The only questionable call, was the goaltender interference, but on the other hand, Boyes should have been sent to the box for 3rd man in, on Staal later on in the game

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
You scored 2 quick goals, had a massive 2nd period and started off great in the 3rd. Rangers recovered and no call or non-call had anything to do with that. Rangers just shifted into overdrive and we had some lucky bounces, but no help from the refs.

The only questionable call, was the goaltender interference, but on the other hand, Boyes should have been sent to the box for 3rd man in, on Staal later on in the game

Nahh the Zucc one was the weakest of the all imo.

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
They overachieved in the first half. They finished 29th in the NHL last season, so to make a jump that high to earn a playoff spot was grim to happen. Over the last nine games, they've showed us that there's still more growth to occur before they can be considered contenders. Just the fact that they should finish somewhere between 9th-12th in the East is an improvement as they were 15th in the East last season. They're currently the third most improved team from last season.

They have some incredible young talent and there's more on the way. In a year or two, they should be pretty damn good. They remind me a lot of the Lightning from 11-12 and Islanders from 12-13.

Most Panthers fans are finding it difficult to accept reality and were spoiled from the first half of the season. I completely understand that it's difficult to see another season without them in the playoffs for 14 of the last 15 years, but the potential in the near future is certainly there.

gary laser eyes

Apr 6, 2007
They should have tanked. Adding McEichel to Ekblad/Barkov/Bjugstad/Gudbranson/Huberdeau + the rest of their young core would have been nasty.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Seems like they're pissing away their chance of a playoff spot (combined with the B's playing really well recently). They still have three games in hand but seems like every time they have a chance to catch up on teams in front of them, they lose.

Why do you think they should be any where in the standings other than where they are currently? Or performing any better? (Or worse, for that matter.)

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Nahhh we are not bad but just no there yet..

Next year is hopefully the year all our talent really breaks trough.

I don't think anyone is disagreeing with this. Tallon has stocked Florida with a nice combination of solid vets and talented youngsters. Florida is going to be a good team soon.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Still not the point.

It was still weak calls and one of them gave you the lead and after that it was really not the same play from our side.

The lead to make it 2-1? Which became 3-1, then 3-3? So when it was 3-3 going into the 3rd, they knew they were going to lose because we had gone up 2-1 earlier in the game? :help:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
They're exactly where I expected them to be. They have great young talent and a solid veteran goalie, but over 82 games that's not enough to get you into the playoffs. Especially when there are 8 teams that are really strong this year.

Give them some time. Playoffs will happen for them within 1-3 years probably, depending on the kind of moves they make to support their young players who should develop nicely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->