What's up with Florida?

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Seems like they're pissing away their chance of a playoff spot (combined with the B's playing really well recently). They still have three games in hand but seems like every time they have a chance to catch up on teams in front of them, they lose.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Seems like they're pissing away their chance of a playoff spot (combined with the B's playing really well recently). They still have three games in hand but seems like every time they have a chance to catch up on teams in front of them, they lose.

Refs in todays game happened.

Nolanitis

Feb 19, 2007
NYC
they have an up and coming team, but probably a little too young and some of their vets are "done". They are going to be a really strong team going forward, and a pain to many teams this year

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I don't know if they ever really had a chance. A quality team for sure, but there's just 8 teams better.

NHL Fanatik*

They're a young team, they are right where the should be.

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
They got themselves into good position by consistently remaining in games without putting together streaks. This was largely a result of playing solid and consistent team defense and top goaltending. Since the Christmas break, that defense has wavered between being inconsistent to falling apart altogether. As a fan, I'd say that over the long stretch they were overachievers who came down to earth.

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
They just aren't good enough. A 35 year old Luongo isn't going to carry them to the playoffs.

If the playoffs weren't already set in the east, they certainly are now.

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
Even at a quality pace (94-98 points) Im not sure they wouldve made it anyways. Thats how good the 8 teams of the east are this year.

Another top 10 pick for this team is exactly what we need to round out the core imo but other panthers fans will disagree.

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
All your PPs wer doubtful calls.

You had your 1 goal on the cheap Zuccarello one and it makes a diffrence.

And its 5, i dont count the 6 as it is a empty netter.

Still gave up 5 goals including a shorthanded goal. They just aren't that good of a team yet.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
At this stage of his career , luongo is not good enough to carry a team in to the playoffs. By the time the panthers are a playoff team luongo's going to be too old .. do the panthers have any up and coming goalie prospects ?

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
At this stage of his career , luongo is not good enough to carry a team in to the playoffs. By the time the panthers are a playoff team luongo's going to be too old .. do the panthers have any up and coming goalie prospects ?

Nobody that promising up and coming. But, can any goalie playing today carry a team to the playoffs?

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation

Why was Luongo at the all Star game? Was Ryan Miller unable to make it?!

GOAT AINEC

Soon..
Jun 4, 2014
Why was Luongo at the all Star game? Was Ryan Miller unable to make it?!

His stats were pretty damn good at the time. Not looking so great now though.

I think his age is catching up to him in the second half.

But to be honest, Price was the only goalie chosen that belonged there.

StroShow

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
His stats were pretty damn good at the time. Not looking so great now though.

I think his age is catching up to him in the second half.

But to be honest, Price was the only goalie chosen that belonged there.

Luongo was good before the allstar break but one of the main reasons he made it is because every team needs an all star ..

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
They're not out the 2nd half start I was hoping for.. I think they're tired combined with lack of overall scoring talent catching up to them. There's a decent core and all that, but this year is done, IMO.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
They've only won 21 out of 48 games this season. They don't deserve the playoffs yet.

They're young. We'll see them push someone out within the next two seasons.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Last i checked 5 is higher than 3.

4 is also higher than 3.

That concludes todays math lesson.

No really?

Man im glad you told me that as i know can go trough with life knowing that 5 is more then 3 :handclap:

But yeah that was not my point with the post above.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad