NHL Entry Draft What's the worst pair of picks you'd be happy with?

What's the worst pair of picks you'd still be happy with?

• Total voters

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think it all hinges on at least getting one of Stutzle/Byfield. So third and let's say 5th.

In that case it's entire possible the team at 2nd doesn't go for the guy we have in the same position which means effectively we'd get our 2nd pick in the rankings.

I thought I'd be happy but I'm not really. But I'm not exactly angry per se. More empty.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Yeah had it been Detroit at #1 instead I'd be ok with it. I am actually really angry about it being a placeholder team.

Reactions: Cosmix

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
I voted 4 and 5.

Pretty happy with 3 and 5. Not too picky about who we get; I've seen a ton of the top of this class and there's at least 8 or 9 players I'd be stoked for at 5.

At three we're extreme likely to get one of Stützle or Byfield, but it's certainly not a lock. ISS has Byfield at four. Two scouts Bob McKenzie surveyed have Byfield at six.

Assuming Stützle goes second then, who would be realistic candidates to go third. Let's forget that the Sens have the pick and think about who scouts might like at three.

I could see a team that badly needs defense in the pipeline taking Drysdale or Sanderson at three.

Let's believe the noise about many NHL scouts not being too high on Raymond. I totally buy that - I've expressed concerns about his physical capacity to translate his blend of skill and tenacity to the NHL. Still, all it takes is one team that loves his upside.

Not sure that team would be the Sens, given the shaky scouting presence in Sweden lately.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
I voted with 3 and 5...and I'm actually not overly pissed off outside of the #1 pick garbage that ensued. We needed top 3 bad...can't go wrong sitting there

Reactions: DJB

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I voted 4 and 5.

Pretty happy with 3 and 5. Not too picky about who we get; I've seen a ton of the top of this class and there's at least 8 or 9 players I'd be stoked for at 5.

At three we're extreme likely to get one of Stützle or Byfield, but it's certainly not a lock. ISS has Byfield at four. Two scouts Bob McKenzie surveyed have Byfield at six.

Assuming Stützle goes second then, who would be realistic candidates to go third. Let's forget that the Sens have the pick and think about who scouts might like at three.

I could see a team that badly needs defense in the pipeline taking Drysdale or Sanderson at three.

Let's believe the noise about many NHL scouts not being too high on Raymond. I totally buy that - I've expressed concerns about his physical capacity to translate his blend of skill and tenacity to the NHL. Still, all it takes is one team that loves his upside.

Not sure that team would be the Sens, given the shaky scouting presence in Sweden lately.

Draft day will be very interesting. I don’t think for a minute that we will get both Byfield and Stutzle with picks #3 and #5; but it is a remote possibility if LAK and Detroit take two other prospects such as Drysdale, Sanderson, Perfetti, Rossi, or Raymond.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->