NHL Entry Draft What's the worst pair of picks you'd be happy with?

What's the worst pair of picks you'd still be happy with?

• Total voters

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
I think it all hinges on at least getting one of Stutzle/Byfield. So third and let's say 5th.

In that case it's entire possible the team at 2nd doesn't go for the guy we have in the same position which means effectively we'd get our 2nd pick in the rankings.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
These are my final rankings. Depending on where we draft I'm happy with any of these guys in that order. I'm predicting Byfield falls a bit on draft day. Will be disappointed if we draft anyone not on this list.

Laff
Stutzle/Drysdale/Raymond
Byfield
Rossi/Sanderson

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
I'd really really like one of the big three. But Raymond and Rossi wouldn't be too bad.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Happy is an interesting word. I'd be happy if we improved on our standing which is 2nd and 3rd, so that means 1st and 2nd. Acceptable is 3rd and 4th. Pissed off is worst than that. The entire f***ing thing is fixed is 5th and 6th.

pale

Jul 14, 2007
5&6 Realistically sens aren’t signing the top guy to Mathews/McDavid money in their first RFA years and trading them away is crap shoot so may was well draft the next tier guys that sens May get some
good years out of.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
honestly, i’m happy no matter what, this draft being so deep means we’re going to get 2 high end players wherever we end up.
Not saying i won’t be disappointed if Ottawa doesn’t win the lottery cause i absolutely will be.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa
honestly, i’m happy no matter what, this draft being so deep means we’re going to get 2 high end players wherever we end up.
Not saying i won’t be disappointed if Ottawa doesn’t win the lottery cause i absolutely will be.
Marry me!
Oops, I'm already married.

Laminator

May 25, 2014
Obviously the dream is having pick 1 & 2. However if we have one pick in the top 3 I am extremely happy. I would be devastated if we fall below that.

Matsens15

Dec 1, 2009
Ottawa
I just hope we get at least a pick in the top 3. Either Lafrenière, Stutzle or Byfield. I simulate the draft 10 time on tankathon and 6 times we get 2 top 3 picks!!!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I like more then 6 prospects so I'm happy with whatever. I am more happy with some than others though.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
5 and 6 is fine. Let’s not get greedy.

Picking #1 though so whatever.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
3 and 5 is the worst that I’d be happy with. Of course even with 5&6 I’ll get over it and be happy. 1 is the dream though, I don’t care what happens to the other pick if we can lock up one. Even just knowing for sure who we’d be drafting (Laff) would make the summer a bit more exciting.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
5&6 Realistically sens aren’t signing the top guy to Mathews/McDavid money in their first RFA years and trading them away is crap shoot so may was well draft the next tier guys that sens May get some
good years out of.
By the time you have to sign a player to "top guy" money Bobby Ryan will be off the books. That will go along way to signing a guy like Laf.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
Finishing bottom 2 three years in a row and not get a 3rd round pick would be abysmal. Nothing greedy about it. There's a drop-off in forwards after 3.
Actually this is one year where no one would be surprised if any guy in the top six or seven became a superstar. Raymond or Perfetti could end up being 40 goal /90 point guys and outperform Byfield or Stutzle.

Reactions: Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->