What's the tie breaking procedure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Well... It may be a reach by now, but there's a vague consensus with the US being the 4th team "on paper" in their division. But they lost against the 5th team "on paper". So a tie between US and Latvia is possible. Someone knows what's the tie breaking procedure?

Coffee and 7's*

Herby said:
Isn't it head to head, followed by goal differential, followed by goals for.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

I believe in world championships goal differential was the first thing then came head to head, i'm not sure at all though.

shawn_kemp*

I know for sure that in case of a tie in the head to head, with the same goal differential and amount of goals for, there will be a shootout or they'll flip the coin if both teams agree to it!!! Crazy!!!

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Lets say three teams are tied in points. 1st head to head, 2nd goal diffrence, in the games between thoose three games. For example if a the Czech scores 15 goals against Italy but are in a three way tie with Canada and Finland thoose 15 don't count. Thats important. 3rd overall goal difference.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
dakdak said:
I believe in world championships goal differential was the first thing then came head to head, i'm not sure at all though.

does it matter? Latvia and USA are tied in head to head anyways.

after goal differential i believe it would be goals scored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->