What's the status on Paulo Colaiacovo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

I noticed he's an NHL Free Agent and I was curious to know if any teams have really scouted him. He seems to have put up good numbers with Barrie, but then again it could be a really good team in front of him, but still, he seems like a solid goaltender. So what's his situation?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
IMO Colaiacovo is good enough to be at least an AHL goaltender.

He was chosen in the WHL draft, so who knows what happens there.

I'm sure that he'll be invited to someone's NHL camp this year, and whether he performs well or not, he could manage to sign an NHL contract, as most of the CHL free agents do. It's very rare to see CHL FA's sign this early because teams are concentrating on the NHL's free agent crop. You'll see guys get invited to rookie camps or even the main camp and then possibly signed.

If not then I could Cola getting an AHL/ECHL contract with a team at least then.

I personally think he's good enough to stay out of the CIS (the dumping ground of the CHL rejects if you will).

Barrie wasnt exactly the best team in the league and Colaiacovo was a workhorse for them last year. He was the main reason for their solid play.

So we'll see what happens.

Kritty

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Brock said:
I personally think he's good enough to stay out of the CIS (the dumping ground of the CHL rejects if you will).

Wow, you really know alot about the CIS. The dumping ground for CHL rejects? You've got to kidding. Yes, many in the CIS are past CHL players, but not rejects. They're players that decided to go to school instead of pursue a pro hockey career. Geez, poor career choice there. The rest of the players are graduated tier II players that are going to university and playing hockey at the same time.

That's a really weak statement to make. Really weak. The CIS is far from a league for CHL rejects. Just because ex CHLers go there it's all of a sudden a reject league. Ok.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Kritty said:
Wow, you really know alot about the CIS. The dumping ground for CHL rejects? You've got to kidding. Yes, many in the CIS are past CHL players, but not rejects. They're players that decided to go to school instead of pursue a pro hockey career. Geez, poor career choice there. The rest of the players are graduated tier II players that are going to university and playing hockey at the same time.

That's a really weak statement to make. Really weak. The CIS is far from a league for CHL rejects. Just because ex CHLers go there it's all of a sudden a reject league. Ok.

Wow someone is a little testy. Sour Milk this morning?

What I meant by rejects is CHL players who failed to earn Professional contracts. Would you prefer the term CHL cast offs?

There are a lot of good players in the CIS, guys who were excellent CHL players. But are you telling me that those guys (such as maybe Michael Mole, Lou Dickenson, the first two former OHL'ers who popped into my head) didnt try and get Professional hockey contracts? and failed, so then decided to give the CIS a try. I'm pretty sure that if an NHL/AHL team would have offered them a contract, they wouldnt be going back to school now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad