Whats the goalie split this year looking like?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Probably half each until someone takes the starter spot with better play consistently for a month or so.

Once it's clear one is playing better than the other it might go to two games for the starter, one for the backup. I'd expect both to get over 30 starts, but would be surprised if either gets more than 50 starts unless an injury.

It will be a pure competition.

EMcx2

Dec 11, 2021
Probably half each until someone takes the starter spot with better play consistently for a month or so.

Once it's clear one is playing better than the other it might go to two games for the starter, one for the backup. I'd expect both to get over 30 starts, but would be surprised if either gets more than 50 starts unless an injury.

It will be a pure competition.

Sounds about right. I could see them alternate well into the season with neither clearly being better.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Thompson is the better goalie. If he stays healthy he'll end up getting 65% of the starts.

I agree with Thompson being the better goalie but I think they like Hill and will show a bit more deference for the Cup run.

And hasn't the trend been to play even the starters less to be fresher for the playoffs?

If I had to guess with both being healthy I would say 50 Thompson and 32 Hill. That's like a 61%-39% split.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad