What's the consensus on Keith Gretzky?

Keith Gretzky was...

• Total voters

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Better yet, what did he have input on?

Good question. Thats the thing with this Management structure on this team....its impossible to know.

I mean how much input did MacT have? He is in a higher position than Keith G...he is VP of hockey Ops.
How influential was he? Was his input more valued than KG's or was it equal? Who were the other voices in the room?
I have no f***ing idea.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not really.
Not trying to sound like a dick but what would be the point?

Just want to see what people think Keith was really up to. Curiosity, mainly.

Also to open up some discussion on the topic. Maybe somebody knows something more they can share in this thread.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Just want to see what people think Keith was really up to. Curiosity, mainly.

Also to open up some discussion on the topic. Maybe somebody knows something more they can share in this thread.

Fair enough.

I got nothing. :D

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
He’s gotta go as well. As an assistant we can tie his name to everything PC did, trading Talbot and Spooner are just common sense. Unless he gets rid of our obvious dead weight and continues to make cap room I don’t want him doing anything else. The year is a write off, the deadline is a week away and without a GM in place no way should management be doing anything major

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Part of the stupid brigade. He was assistant GM throughout this dark time and was just another voice in the room full of incompetents.
I also remember Hitch giving him credit for the Petrovic and Manning moves. Woof

Keep him on the amateur side if possible but for god sakes, do not keep him as GM.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
At this point even if he is a good GM we wouldn't know for sometime down the road. Maybe a whole new crew is best regardless.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
When your boss in actively and potentially intentionally destroying your company, you do everything you can to stop him. That could be going straight to the owner, getting in a public screaming match with him or going to the media. Or you resign. He did none of these. Not exactly the character I would be looking for.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
he seems like a talented hockey mind. Probably not best choice for GM, but I liked the moves so far so even though I won't say he's our man for GM or President, I won't say he's a sure thing to suck either.

Man, he will earn my respect if he can get us a damn Dman that can pass the puck and run the PP. Like really, I don't care how inexperienced or OBC he is as long as he can do that, which was apparently impossible for Chia

Reactions: ujju2

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
If Keith Gretzky trades Puljujarvi he has to go.

I was happy with his last two trades because he actually didn't lose them and made something positive happen given the whole situation he was dealt post - Chia.

But if the rumors are correct and they deal Puljujarvi, I will lose all of my faith in him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If Keith Gretzky trades Puljujarvi he has to go.

I was happy with his last two trades because he actually didn't lose them and made something positive happen given the whole situation he was dealt post - Chia.

But if the rumors are correct and they deal Puljujarvi, I will lose all of my faith in him.
doesn't the return for JP matter though? The rumors of JP getting traded say that we are asking too much for him. Sounds okay to me as long as we get better.

Reactions: B33K33PING

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
doesn't the return for JP matter though? The rumors of JP getting traded say that we are asking too much for him. Sounds okay to me as long as we get better.
I can't see Gretzky fleecing anyone in a trade right now. I can't imagine how anyone would give up a solid return for JP right now. His value is quite low currently despite having a high potential. No trade that is pulled off in the next week will be worth it. It will be another downgrade.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
He has been great at undoing mistakes he was culpable in .

Naming him as permanent GM won't sell any tickets or suites.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
Guilty by association...fire his ass.

Might be unwarranted but I'm not chancing it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad