Whats skills get you where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
In terms of prospects what skills will get you to what level. I am just wondering this fantasy leagues. How far will hard work and hockey sense get you in the NHL? I am thinking in the case of a player like Zach Parise. He has above average speed, average shot, great hockey sense and is an extremely hard worker but small in stature. Is this enough for him to be a 1st line centermen....it was for Doug Gilmour but not for others.

When we judge prospects what should we value more.....the Size/Skill package.....success rate.....or even work ethic and hockey sense? I find myself comparing Zajac and Parise daily. Zajac has the size, speed and shot but Parise has the hockey sense, work ethic and success rate. The same thing is going on in Philly with Carter and Richards. Which prospect will make it better in the NHL.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
There's different reasons and skills for every player that make it. There are also a number of qualities that don't show up on your list, such as confidence, maturity, strenght, vision, eye-hand coordination, balance, defensive awarness, etc.

I guess that's why there are players of every style that play a number of different role in a game.

As far as Carter and Richards go, in terms of "fantasy league" value, you have to go with Carter who as better offensive skills IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad