What's our real problem?

SLURVE

Oct 20, 2011
When a team is playing this poorly, all their weaknesses will rear their ugly heads. Dubnyk is a good goalie with lots of upside and potential to be a star but has had disastrous start. This really causes a chain reaction of breakdowns in all positions esp defense which exposes guy like J. Schultz, Petry, Smid and Ferrence. J.Schultz and Petry are still learning the game and can improve greatly. If Dubnyk plays lights out from here on in, we will get back on track and if not, we are screwed. This road trip will reveal if this is the case or not. If not, Anaheim Ducks has 3 really fine goalies the latest being Andersen with a 4 game winning steak (in a row). Hillier is a UFA at the end of this NHL season. Perhaps, the Oilers should make a pitch for Hillier if Dubnyk is continuing to stall at the starting gate (actually at the first turn before the stretch).

Moose Coleman

Apr 12, 2012
Oilers fans then: "MacT is trying to turn our scorers into checkers! Fire MacT!"

Oilers fans now: "Eakins isn't turning our scorers into checkers! Fire Eakins!"

Don't get me wrong, this team could use more quality vets. But I find the turnaround among fans to be pretty funny.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
God I just looked at the standings. I just can't see a way for this team to make even a sniff of the playoffs. It's insane St.Louis has lost 2 games in regulation all year and are in 8th.

We suck so bad I don't think there is an answer. Wait for RNH, Hall, Yakupov and the rest to learn how to play NHL hockey I guess.

What a burn but suffice to say this isn't a dipsy doodle league. It's skate fast.. get to puck.. throw on net.... fight for puck... skate fast... throw on net..go to net.. fight for puck... throw on net.

Skill is such a smaller part of the game now days. It's won with board battles and positioning. We're ****ed until our players learn this. Just lose every 1 on 1 battle it seems.. if we even make it to the battle, we sure as heck didn't in Detroit.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Oilers fans then: "MacT is trying to turn our scorers into checkers! Fire MacT!"

Oilers fans now: "Eakins isn't turning our scorers into checkers! Fire Eakins!"

Don't get me wrong, this team could use more quality vets. But I find the turnaround among fans to be pretty funny.

haha, this thought had gone through my mind too. Agreed completely.

Master Lok

Jul 31, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
God I just looked at the standings. I just can't see a way for this team to make even a sniff of the playoffs. It's insane St.Louis has lost 2 games in regulation all year and are in 8th.

We suck so bad I don't think there is an answer. Wait for RNH, Hall, Yakupov and the rest to learn how to play NHL hockey I guess.

What a burn but suffice to say this isn't a dipsy doodle league. It's skate fast.. get to puck.. throw on net.... fight for puck... skate fast... throw on net..go to net.. fight for puck... throw on net.

Skill is such a smaller part of the game now days. It's won with board battles and positioning. We're ****ed until our players learn this. Just lose every 1 on 1 battle it seems.. if we even make it to the battle, we sure as heck didn't in Detroit.

Yup, its what you get with a bunch of offensive players who haven't learned NHL level defense.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

That's where the franchise has failed. We need players around that group that can win board battles.

Joensuu was a decent signing but not enough and even he is hurt.

They honestly should've swallowed their pride and inked Penner for cheap.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
That's where the franchise has failed. We need players around that group that can win board battles.

The people we have in charge will never swallow their pride no matter what it means to the team.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Obviously our problem is Horcoff..." he is a complete cancer and holding back the kids"..."he does nothing"... "he looks like a chicken with hs head cut off trying to cover for everybody". "What a loser". "We need to get rid of that guy and then the young guys can show that its their team and lead this team to the cup".

WAIVE HORCOFF> GET RID OF THAT CANCER>

"Horcoff is such a waste of space"... but "those kids will be golden without him". "wha does he think hes doing leaving his man to cover eberles man, why is he runnijng around so much"? look at him "just dragging his feet going back to the bench...pffft like show some effort going back to the bench there horcoff. disgusting lack of heart". "he obviously doesnt care. see him lose that draw? disgsuting". "what a piece of ****. that guy just doesnt care".

"Why do they have that bum horcoff on the PP?S ure we need to win a draw but once we win it all he does is stand in front of the goalie and retrieve puck off the wall. CAN WE PLEASE PUT SOMEONE TALENTED ON THE PP INSTEAD OF THAT GUTLESS BUM?" PFFFFFT

I KNOW HOCKEY CAUSE I LIVE IN EDMONTON AND I HAVE A RINK BY MY HOUSE AND I PLAY SHINNY> HORCOFF IS USELESS. Stupid coaches. Stupid People. Every coach played Horcof a tonne. Every coach has played him a tonne and therefor is dumb annd i am mr guru hockey expert from years of shinny and knowledge gained through osmosis from my neighbourhood rink. Its a conspiracy!!!!!! Its because Lowe wants to keep him. SLASH its because him and Katz are bestfriends/boyfriends/mancrushing/reincarnated high ranked nazis/ part of the illuminati/aliens/lizard people. Stupid vets. Kids are the future. Vets are anchors bringing this team down! Yell yell, scream scream. i am hockey expert!!!! hear me roar.

*add more unintelligent yapping involving zero hockey sense*

"once we get rid of horcoff, this team will fly". this team needs cancer treatment. "if horcoff doesnt leave the kids will\"

Last edited:

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011

Yeah because Penner is the answer. lol

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Yeah because Penner is the answer. lol

He could have been part of it. Icing a 3rd line of Penner-Gordon-Cleary would have been nice to see go against the other teams top line. Its obvious that RNH isnt ready for that type of assignment yet and we should have prepared for it.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Obviously our problem is Horcoff..." he is a complete cancer and holding back the kids"..."he does nothing"... "he looks like a chicken with hs head cut off trying to cover for everybody". "What a loser". "We need to get rid of that guy and then the young guys can show that its their team and lead this team to the cup".

"Horcoff is such a waste of space"... but "those kids will be golden without him". "wha does he think hes doing leaving his man to cover eberles man, why is he runnijng around so much"? look at him "just dragging his feet going back to the bench...pffft like show some effort going back to the bench there horcoff. disgusting lack of heart". "he obviously doesnt care. see him lose that draw? disgsuting". "what a piece of ****. that guy just doesnt care".

"Why do they have that bum horcoff on the PP?S ure we need to win a draw but once we win it all he does is stand in front of the goalie and retrieve puck off the wall. CAN WE PLEASE PUT SOMEONE TALENTED ON THE PP INSTEAD OF THAT GUTLESS BUM?" PFFFFFT

I KNOW HOCKEY CAUSE I LIVE IN EDMONTON AND I HAVE A RINK BY MY HOUSE AND I PLAY SHINNY> HORCOFF IS USELESS. Stupid coaches. Stupid People. Every coach played Horcof a tonne. Every coach has played him a tonne and therefor is dumb annd i am mr guru hockey expert from years of shinny and knowledge gained through osmosis from my neighbourhood rink. Its a conspiracy!!!!!! Its because Lowe wants to keep him. SLASH its because him and Katz are bestfriends/boyfriends/mancrushing/reincarnated high ranked nazis/ part of the illuminati/aliens/lizard people. Stupid vets. Kids are the future. Vets are anchors bringing this team down! Yell yell, scream scream. i am hockey expert!!!! hear me roar.

"once we get rid of horcoff, this team will fly". this team needs cancer treatment. "if horcoff doesnt leave the kids will\"

What is this incoherent babbling supposed to be about? If you're insinuating that we would be better off with Horcoff still on the team -- a team that finished in the bottom of the league numerous times with him as captain -- then I don't even know what to say to you.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

We certainly missing his on pace numbers of 18 points for the year, -23 for the year and 48% on the dot stats.

Better go back and get him, we can give up yakupov for him. We will also throw in a 7th rounder.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
The people we have in charge will never swallow their pride no matter what it means to the team.

Penner would never choose to play here again.
Its funny how people think players would just love to come back to this BS (i dont mean the orgaization... i mean the sense of entitlement the fanbase thinks they have... and our ultra hockey intelligence and knowledge gained through zero nhl experience or knowledge.)

most people could see he would be happy relaxing on his 30 million earned until an offer from a cali team came up. (insert -- entitled fan insult)

Last edited:

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
We certainly missing his on pace numbers of 18 points for the year, -23 for the year and 48% on the dot stats.

Better go back and get him, we can give up yakupov for him. We will also throw in a 7th rounder.

intelligent response, as you have shown.... from your vast hockey experience we dont need anyone who gets 18 points. we dont need role players. we dont need depth. we need alot of yakupovs scoring 1 goal every 15 games who are skilled and get -20 against teams b players.

thanks for the insight. go with that. shinny teaches alot. maybe it was his teammates who couldnt play nhl hockey? hmmmmmm. i wish there was SOME WAY we could find out. if we traded Horcoff and then we didnt shelter the kids with him and didnt give them a net front grit presendce on the pp...then we would see.

we can record your quote and then wait until we see a team without horcoff and sheltered kids and see how it does and return to this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad