News Article: WHAT'S LURKING IN YOUR STADIUM FOOD? TD Garden ranked 25th out of 107

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
WHAT'S LURKING IN YOUR STADIUM FOOD?
ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed food-safety inspection reports for all 111 North American pro sports venues. Find your stadium and see how it fared.

Slime, roaches, mice found in stadium food venues

ESPN's Outside the Lines reviewed and collected more than 16,000 food-safety inspection reports from health departments that monitor the 111 professional football, baseball, basketball and hockey facilities across North America. The review of routine inspection reports from 2016 and 2017 found that at about 28 percent of the venues, half or more of the food service outlets incurred a high-level violation -- one that poses a potential threat for foodborne illness. Outside the Lines also calculated the average number of high-level violations per inspection at each venue, and compared that to the average for restaurants and other food outlets in the surrounding area, for the 82 venues for which we had community data provided by Hazel Analytics. Find your favorite stadium to determine how many high-level violations were found, how the stadium's inspection results compare to other eateries in the surrounding community, and notable samples of our findings.

Sort of remind me of when I teach my kids Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle".

Lots of salad consumed in the cafe on these days.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Live pigeons in the food preparation area give me pause

7771012342_b5c348b8ff_o.jpg

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Until the lettuce gets recalled.
Lol I always find it funny that people will buy a product like lettuce that has been deemed ok literally right after a recall has ended.

Like, wouldn’t you wait a week or so? Just to get the kinks out of the operation maybe?

Not that I doubt my fellow humans. But the guy that wasn’t washing his hands after he touched his poopy bottom then serving your food still isn’t doing a good job keeping clean. You don’t unlearn that behavior in a day.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Lol I always find it funny that people will buy a product like lettuce that has been deemed ok literally right after a recall has ended.

Like, wouldn’t you wait a week or so? Just to get the kinks out of the operation maybe?

Not that I doubt my fellow humans. But the guy that wasn’t washing his hands after he touched his poopy bottom then serving your food still isn’t doing a good job keeping clean. You don’t unlearn that behavior in a day.

That's not what causes the recalls. Not even close.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
you really want to be grossed out, check the "allowable foreign matter" the FDA allows different foods to contain.

such as every 100 grams of Cinnamon is allowed up to 400 insect fragments

or sauces are allowed up to 30 fly eggs per 100 grams (or 1 maggot and 15 eggs is acceptable)

Defect Levels Handbook

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So I’ve been subject to many of these pop up inspections. Failed one time because my partner had a capped water bottle on the counter while we were unpacking. So there’s your threshold for critical failures or whatever they’re referring to in this write up. They’ll also ding you if your three basin sink isn’t prepped PRIOR to the event.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
That's not what causes the recalls. Not even close.
Lol dude clearly not. Processes is more what I was getting at. Or lack thereof.

I’ve worked in food/grocery. The stuff I’ve seen makes me want to eat grass. And only the stuff I have in my yard. I can keep any eye on what goes on out there.

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Honestly. Put as much garbage into the food as you want. If it tastes good, I'm eating.

But the TD Garden is controlled by the Jacobs family and a hot dog is a hot dog. I'll grab a 10 pack at Market Basket and it'll be the same ol' bird beak and asshole that doesn't eat at my wallet.

Reactions: talkinaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad