Whats have the oilers done to make you smile .

CookiesAndMilk

Generational Backhand Pass
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2016
Kyoto
EPyA6SoW4AEDgfs.jpg
My new favourite internet picture :laugh:

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
This goal is still amazing till this day and I still find it hilarious that there were people that thought the oiler interviews on this TSN video were real :laugh:

I still remember seeing that goal get scored...seeing the 4-0 shutout win, thinking that Hall and Eberle were going to be the next Toews and Kane, and honestly believing that great things were in store.

Boy was that a cruel, cruel night.

EDIT: Wait, this is the happy thread...

The main thing the Oilers did to make me smile was when I saw my very first game in December of 2005. Someone won tickets and didn't want them, so I got them and went with a family friend.

Had never been to a hockey game in my life and was never a hockey fan before that...

...but I will always remember seeing my first Oilers goal.

Hemsky flicked his trademark drop pass to Marc Andre Bergeron, who slapped a point shot past Jose Theodore.

Then the crowd roared. The horn sounded. I never even knew that goal horns were a thing, and I jumped the first time I heard it. But I loved it!

I've been able to go to 14 games since that first and have been privileged to enjoy an 11-3-0 record, along with some great memories.

- one of Mathieu Garon's epic shootout performances.

- a Sheldon Souray slapper from the point.

- Ales Hemsky's last game and goals as an Oiler against the Senators.

- the double hat trick game against the Kings;

- Connor's five-point night against the Flyers.

But in spite of all those, my all-time biggest smile still comes from that first game on a snowy night in 2005, when a 12-year-old boy experienced the magic of the Coliseum for the first time ever. No game will ever measure up to that one.

Last edited:

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
I still remember seeing that goal get scored...seeing the 4-0 shutout win, thinking that Hall and Eberle were going to be the next Toews and Kane, and honestly believing that great things were in store.

Boy was that a cruel, cruel night.
I was in my University campus bar, at the University of Calgary of all places and literally yelled "EVERYONE SHUT THE f*** UP," when Vandermeer put the puck off the boards. This is when that place was rockin', and I will always remember the sudden silence of everyone at least 20 feet around me in every direction to watch this, followed by, "UGHHHHHH" or "NOOOO" and me laughing hysterically.

Again, cruel overall ending, but a memory I'll always have.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
Anyone remember the clip of an Oilers fan getting pissed off at another fan waving a sign all the time blocking his view? We see the fan get up, snatch up n rip the sign to pieces just in time to see Gagner pull off a highlight reel, coast to coast goal.

Does anyone remember this? Is the clip still on YouTube?

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

KMart27

Jun 9, 2013
Anyone remember the clip of an Oilers fan getting pissed off at another fan waving a sign all the time blocking his view? We see the fan get up, snatch up n rip the sign to pieces just in time to see Gagner pull off a highlight reel, coast to coast goal.

Does anyone remember this? Is the clip still on YouTube?

I believe it was a "Terrace is Hockeyville" sign. Don't know if it is still on YouTube.

Dale8677

Jan 27, 2020
Back in 1992 or 1993 I was standing waiting for the Oilers to cross the concourse to get to the ice. Ted Green came up to me and in one fell swoop lowered my ball-cap over my eyes and lifted my bag of dill-pickle chips. My dad laughed. 6 year old did not find it funny that some stranger stole my bag of chips. He did give it back tho. And now, some 28 years later, I can smile about it.

Reactions: Darkwinter

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Back in 1992 or 1993 I was standing waiting for the Oilers to cross the concourse to get to the ice. Ted Green came up to me and in one fell swoop lowered my ball-cap over my eyes and lifted my bag of dill-pickle chips. My dad laughed. 6 year old did not find it funny that some stranger stole my bag of chips. He did give it back tho. And now, some 28 years later, I can smile about it.
lmao I could just picture yr face when he swiped the chip LMFAO

boxcar65

Sep 24, 2007
Richmond, VA
Many of what’s been posted bring smiles.

Don’t think this one has been mentioned, but how about when McDavid scored against Columbus his rookie year when he came from that approximately 40 game shoulder injury that @boxcar65 (aka Manning himself) caused.

Just ridiculous.

Fake news.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad