What's going to happen to my Admirals?

CJNewman

Feb 1, 2014
I'm a fan in the same boat I'm Adirondack. I was told we are getting the franchise from Stockton, but most of our players from Colorado because their the Flames current affiliate. You guys should be getting both the franchise and players from Bakersfield.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
No ECHL player has a contract for more than once season so they'll be free agents aside from those placed on the protected list. You'll get the ECHL rights of those Condors that are placed on the Protected List following the season.

With Adirondack, Colorado may be the Flames' affiliate but none of their players are Flames players. The only guys assigned to Colorado right now are LeDuc from the Islanders and Nemec from Bridgeport (the Isles' AHL team). So you probably shouldn't expect anyone from Colorado's current roster to be with Adirondack. Could happen but don't expect it.

Avsrule2022

"No more rats"
Apr 4, 2012
Longmont, CO
No ECHL player has a contract for more than once season so they'll be free agents aside from those placed on the protected list. You'll get the ECHL rights of those Condors that are placed on the Protected List following the season.

With Adirondack, Colorado may be the Flames' affiliate but none of their players are Flames players. The only guys assigned to Colorado right now are LeDuc from the Islanders and Nemec from Bridgeport (the Isles' AHL team). So you probably shouldn't expect anyone from Colorado's current roster to be with Adirondack. Could happen but don't expect it.
Gedig with Colorado is on an AHL deal with Adirondack, but I think it's only a 1 year deal (he has been out injured for months). Vause in Adirondack started out in Colorado, but signed an SPC with Adirondack this year. Probably a 1 year deal also. Carr in goal could be a possibility. Kulak probably wont see the ECHL again. Those are the 4 guys from Adirondack/Calgary that played for the Eagles this year.

HansH

Unwelcome Spectre
Feb 2, 2005
San Diego
www.mib.org
ECHL team rosters have even more turnover season-to-season than AHL rosters, as NHL teams can only carry 50 contracts, as I understand it, and 40-45 are easily taken up by the NHL and AHL teams. ECHL/NHL affiliations have, in the past, been far less rigid and stable than AHL/NHL affiliations. For you guys, the Oilers owning the franchise may make that connection a little stronger, but in general, as people above have indicated, you won't be able to have an idea of what the ECHL Admirals will look like until after the Oilers and Condors have made their training camp cuts. Maybe some older ECHL-level vet players may be signed in the off-season, but remember, the ECHL's vet cap is even more strict than the AHL's vet cap was (again, if I'm recalling correctly).

It's way too early to know what the team roster is going to look like -- watch for the Condors end-of-season protected list. That doesn't mean they'll GET signed, but they're the ones that are being prevented from going to other ECHL teams at least initially. Then tune back in in September for NHL/AHL training camps. That's my advice.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Nothing worth worrying about. Your team will have to create their roster. Maybe a vet or two on the AHL Ads will stay or something.

I didn't know when a franchise relocated that the protected list was still in play. Don't count on an NHL team helping you out. After they have themselves and an AHL team there's not room for many more players they themselves can sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad