What's going on with the Chicago Tribune & Sun Times?? NOTHING on the Hawks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
I checked the front pages online of both major Chicago papers for today 5/31/15 and there is NO mention of the Hawks going to the Cup! I am talking about the actual front page you pick up at the newsstand.

What's going on?? Last year both papers had lots of front page pics and coverage of the Hawks during their playoff run when they didn't even make it to the Cup!

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
.... what? I looked at the Sun Times Tribune earlier and I'm pretty sure that the Hawks were on the front page..... below the fold I think, though.

Last edited:

Central PA Hawk Fan

Apr 16, 2007
York, PA
post-51461-Ace-Ventura-alrighty-then-gif-TMeR.gif

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I've got the Suntimes right in front of me. There's a special Hawks section wrapping around the outside of the paper. So the 'front page' is really page 5.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
Can you guys please post pics of the front pages of both papers for 5/31? For some reason the ones I find online show NOTHING on the Hawks!

THANKS!

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
I checked the front pages online of both major Chicago papers for today 5/31/15 and there is NO mention of the Hawks going to the Cup! I am talking about the actual front page you pick up at the newsstand.

What's going on?? Last year both papers had lots of front page pics and coverage of the Hawks during their playoff run when they didn't even make it to the Cup!

Look again, i bought the Chicago Trib today at the dollar store and has a front page photo and another huge photo of Toews celebrating (titled "Hawks 4 More") right after one of his goals on sports front page, also lot's of articles.

Pepe Silvia

Jan 2, 2012
Chicago
Can you guys please post pics of the front pages of both papers for 5/31? For some reason the ones I find online show NOTHING on the Hawks!

THANKS!

The Hawks are the top headline on the Tribune's website and one of the top headlines on the Sun Times' website.

Not sure what you're looking at.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
The Hawks are the top headline on the Tribune's website and one of the top headlines on the Sun Times' website.

Not sure what you're looking at.

No, I am talking about the hard copy you pick up at the newsstand. Nothing on the Hawks on either paper.

I will post the front pages below.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The Sun Time Tribune's is already in my recycle bin outside, so not digging through that. I'm positive that they Hawks were on the front page, though not as the top, top story.

Last edited:

Ilrider

Mar 27, 2012
Chicago Burbs
Easy answer for this: what you saw is the early edition of the Sunday Trib, which can be purchased on Saturdays each week. The late edition, which I got delivered to my house this morning, had the Hawks win on the main section cover and sports section covers, as others have confirmed. The sports section had several pages of coverage of the win. Awesome photo of Toews on the sports cover.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
Here is the front of the Sun-Times. Note the top yellow line.

qCx9XbP.jpg

And here is what is inside of that, the "Complete Sun-Times".

ul3dusv.png

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I think the bigger question BladesofSteel needs to ask is "who's stealing the hawks sections in my newspaper?!?".

Well, don't look at me...

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
On what ****ing planet would it be 'disgraceful' for a newspaper not to feature sports on the front page?

Never mind that they WERE, in fact, on the front page anyway by most accounts.

This isn't even #1stWorldProblems, this is #NotActualProblems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad