What's going on in the US? Part 10 [Mod note in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
Until a vaccine is widely distributed, this harm will have to continue. It's unfortunate but necessary. I feel bad for the kids who are losing a year of education, but there is no perfect solution here.

The reality that needs to be accepted is that kids will be falling behind. And not some, all. But it’s a better alternative than spreading this.

Mario_is_BACK!!

ACK! ACK ACK! ACK!!!
Nov 29, 2003
Charleston, SC
www.caseandpointsports.com
i care about doing the right thing by the kids. i don't really care what someone else's rationale for doing the right thing is. if you think either side of the political elites care about you and yours you have another thing coming

Id say doing the right thing by kids is making sure their parents and grandparents aren’t dying because they caught something while in class. If everyone is getting a lesser education because of necessary virtual learning everyone is on the same playing field and no one is dying because of a preventable disease.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
i care about doing the right thing by the kids. i don't really care what someone else's rationale for doing the right thing is. if you think either side of the political elites care about you and yours you have another thing coming
Lol you’re literally linking a tweet of said political elite to support your bs and then you throw out that comment.

so what are teachers that are immune compromised supposed to do?

I know for a fact schools will force teachers into a bad position and those that are immune comprised will have to eat up sick days and then just not go paid when they run out. Should they just go to school, possibly get it and die?

what about their families and their kids?

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton

I severely doubt that.

You’ve claimed that doing a test for a child was harmful. No. What you’re doing is you’re using kids to support your agenda.

You know what Fordy? I’m a teacher. My entire province is moving online because we can’t control the spread as a community.

Last edited:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
If I am reading that correctly, it isn't that they said no restrictions on worship attendance but they said the restrictions can't be more strict than "comparable secular facilities."
well, those comparable secular facilities have drastically different or 0 limits, is the point

EnxM6YAXcAAylDY

Mar 12, 2009
I severely doubt that.

You’ve claimed that doing a test for a child was harmful. No. What you’re doing is you’re using kids to support your agenda.
One thing I've noticed is that people who normally don't have much of an opinion about children, the impoverished and the homeless, all of a sudden "care" about them for the length of time that they are useful as a cudgel to use in argument...but once the plight of children, the impoverished and homeless is no longer useful for whatever narrative or agenda they are pushing, they all of a sudden stop caring.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I severely doubt that.

You know what Fordy? I’m a teacher. My entire province is moving online because we can’t control the spread as a community.
that's incredibly sad

Fordy

May 28, 2008
One thing I've noticed is that people who normally don't have much of an opinion about children, the impoverished and the homeless, all of a sudden "care" about them for the length of time that they are useful as a cudgel to use in argument...but once the plight of children, the impoverished and homeless is no longer useful for whatever narrative or agenda they are pushing, they all of a sudden stop caring.
have we met? not sure where you got this info from!

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Lol you’re literally linking a tweet of said political elite to support your bs and then you throw out that comment.

so what are teachers that are immune compromised supposed to do?

I know for a fact schools will force teachers into a bad position and those that are immune comprised will have to eat up sick days and then just not go paid when they run out. Should they just go to school, possibly get it and die?

what about their families and their kids?
society takes precedence. people used to be willing to make sacrifices for the younger generation. you can't be all "me me me" about it

Fireonk

Jan 10, 2006
well, those comparable secular facilities have drastically different or 0 limits, is the point

EnxM6YAXcAAylDY

And I said something different? Was just clarifying the ruling, based on my interpretation, which is much different than the supreme court ruling that there can't be any restrictions on worship attendance.

Reactions: I am toxic

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Coming from you, who is anti mask, anti lockdown, anti vaccine and anti pandemic?

:laugh:
yes, coming from me. i would be pushing my union to get the kids in school if it was me - because they are more important than me

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Good, so you should be all for wearing masks and supporting lockdowns. After all, you said it, people are only concerned with themselves. Right?
well as i've said a million times, i don't believe those measures are 1. effective 2. worth the damage done on the backend to society and individuals, so there's no reason to keep trying to make this point

it's thanksgiving time folks. see ya

Tad Mikowsky

Only Droods
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2008
Edmonton
well as i've said a million times, i don't believe those measures are 1. effective 2. worth the damage done on the backend to society and individuals, so there's no reason to keep trying to make this point

But, those measures are to protect society. Good to know you’re just talk and hypocritical.

Basically you boil down to this: I think we need to protect society, stop caring for only ourselves, but only by my notions.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Until a vaccine is widely distributed, this harm will have to continue. It's unfortunate but necessary. I feel bad for the kids who are losing a year of education, but there is no perfect solution here.

there was a close to perfect solution but the decision makers called it a "hoax" and claimed that after nov. 3rd there won't be mention of carnovirus in the media at all

and here we are....

Last edited by a moderator:

dortt

Sep 21, 2018
Houston, TX
One year of education where basically everyone is falling behind, too. It’s a level playing field. Seems worth it to make sure people live.

not everyone is falling behind.

The elite schools are largely remaining in session. Thus, the rich continue to have their kids educated. This merely widens the gap between the rich and everyone else

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019

EnxM6YAXcAAylDY
Quoting an jackass that has no background in medicine and has established himself as bias quite often isn’t proving what you think it is. His argument sucks.

People need vehicles to get around, which bikes are, and yes, those things are fine compared to sitting in a building for at least 45 mins on top of one another in a poorly ventilated building with lots of people that are science denying jackasses that refuse to wear masks or socially distance, where as stores enforce masks and the 6 feet apart rule, and where in the general public outside is better than being cooped up.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
yes, coming from me. i would be pushing my union to get the kids in school if it was me - because they are more important than me
Who takes care of your kids if you die from covid?

society takes precedence. people used to be willing to make sacrifices for the younger generation. you can't be all "me me me" about it
Don’t act like your worrying about your children’s future isn’t selfish. You clearly don’t care about the safety of others, only yours and their future.

I got a mother going through chemo that has her school trying to force her back to work knowing damn well that’s a death sentence and that they’re forcing her to take sick days she doesn’t have and make a choice between between missing days with no pay or going in and dying.

But you some how me worrying about the safety of my mother and others like her is selfish and your focus on your own isnt. That’s some gold medal level mental gymnastics from yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fordy

May 28, 2008
Don’t act like your worrying about your children’s future isn’t selfish. You clearly don’t care about the safety of others, only yours and their future.

I got a mother going through chemo that has her school trying to force her back to work knowing damn well that’s a death sentence and that they’re forcing her to take sick days she doesn’t have and make a choice between between missing days with no pay or going in and dying.

But you some how me worrying about the safety of my mother and others like her is selfish and your focus on your own isnt. That’s some gold medal level mental gymnastics from yourself.
do you see the irony in beginning your plea with “I”

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009

And this is why folks that America has the cases and deaths they have. The government has had a huge effect on the mindset of people, but personal responsibility is a major factor at play. And this guy would like others to think he has personal responsibility when he clearly has none.

This guy says he thinks masks aren’t effective. Well, coronavirus doesn’t care what you think or how you feel, masks have proven to be effective and if you think otherwise, you have been pawned. You haven’t linked any one scientific journal for the reasoning behind your thoughts. Only politicians who don’t even know what the f*** they’re talking about. Never use a politicians word when looking for arguments about a scientific matter at hand; they aren’t trained in epidemiology and their thinking is based on the people surrounding that said politician. Your argument is baseless and no one should take your opinion seriously because you have failed to back it up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->