Michael Russo: What's going on in the head of Wild's Konopka?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
wild0113cover.jpg

What's going on in the head of Wild's Konopka?

Finally!

Last edited:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Yes..

This is my favorite part:

As captain of the Syracuse Crunch in 2007-08, Konopka was reading the newspaper while having coffee at a Winnipeg hotel the morning between games with the Manitoba Moose. An article about Alexandre Bolduc caught Konopka's eye.

"That night in warmups, I brought the sports section onto the ice with me and laid it down at center ice," Konopka said. "I said to [Bolduc], 'It says here in print you'll fight anyone. You have five guys to pick from. You pick who you're going to fight first and we'll pick who you're going to fight second.' ... We won that game."

:amazed:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

Further into the article:

But unlike many bruisers, he can play a regular shift and is especially strong in the faceoff circle, winning 58.8 percent of his draws. One strategy he used was to grab the opposing center's stick in the defensive zone and pass the puck with his hand to a teammate. That's now a minor penalty.

"They call it the 'Z Rule,'" Konopka said. "I knew they'd eventually catch on to it. It was an advantage. I'll find another one."

Billy Mays Here*

I'm going to be devastated if anything ever happens to Hoppy.

Fel 96

JFC
Mar 19, 2010
Little Canada
www.youtube.com
This one:
But unlike many bruisers, he can play a regular shift and is especially strong in the faceoff circle, winning 58.8 percent of his draws. One strategy he used was to grab the opposing center's stick in the defensive zone and pass the puck with his hand to a teammate. That's now a minor penalty.

"They call it the 'Z Rule,'" Konopka said. "I knew they'd eventually catch on to it. It was an advantage. I'll find another one."

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
He sounds like a genuinely great guy to have around.

And Hoppy would be much better mascot than Nordy. The latter is a ****ing disgrace. I mean, the idea is there, and Nordy is kind of adorable, but no. It doesn't work.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I liked him since the day he signed and said
"Koivu is a superstar that maybe doesn’t get enough respect around the league and he should," Konopka said. "Heatley is a world-class player and we have to make sure those guys are taken care of and they feel very comfortable and nice. If they want to sit down at center ice and read the paper, they should be able to do that without anyone touching them."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad