What's going on in Sweden? Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
To be frank. No wonder there is a lot of "Sweden talk" in the main Corona-thread on the HF-boards. Sweden stands out, in the world, in how they handled the Covid. And the main reason for there beeing many Swedes on theese boards you see here; Active NHL Players Totals by Nationality - Career Stats
NHL, not mainly a Canadian affair anymore, its a US, Swedish, and a somewhat Russian and Finnish affair too.

Reactions: Fordy

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Seeing fans at KHL games already. Is Sweden having fans in their rinks fir SEL games?

Dala

Mar 1, 2006
*crickets* :)

No fans in SHL or HA, or same rules as everywhere at least (50).

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Its working fine as you can tell by the silence in this thread. We are bunch of zombies now, former humans who have been exprimented on, by our authoritys. / Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo and Faterson

waingr0

May 14, 2010
It is silent because Sweden proves the majority of posters here are wrong regarding the severity of covid.

Sweden is averaging less than a death per day attributed to covid now. Meanwhile Canada (who has apparently done a great job) is talking about a 2nd wave shutdown.

Anyone remember the media hit pieces on Sweden? Just another conspiracy I guess.

Last edited:

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
It is silent because Sweden proves the majority of posters here are wrong regarding the severity of covid.

Sweden is averaging less than a death per day attributed to covid now. Meanwhile Canada (who has apparently done a great job) is talking about a 2nd wave shutdown.

Anyone remember the media hit pieces on Sweden? Just another conspiracy I guess.

Sweden is now proving Hf-boards wrong? Ok. I thought I was the lonewolf critizing them? The rest of the Swede-herd here does the Markys Näslund zombie goal celebration indeed , everytime there is post downplaying Covid like yours here

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Anyone remember the media hit pieces on Sweden?
I will never defend the media, but your expectations are way off

The media is a business , it's job is to make money and get more viewers, clicks, reads etc.
Controversy, drama, etc sells.
Good news stories about people saving kittens, or helping the elderly cross the street don't

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I will never defend the media, but your expectations are way off

The media is a business , it's job is to make money and get more viewers, clicks, reads etc.
Controversy, drama, etc sells.
Good news stories about people saving kittens, or helping the elderly cross the street don't
exactly why people should not have believed them when they fear mongered for 3 straight months about sweden. bigger problem is, people still believe them today

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
exactly why people should not have believed them when they fear mongered for 3 straight months about sweden. bigger problem is, people still believe them today
I honestly have not followed the discussion that much, so correct me if I am misinterpreting what you are trying to say here. Sweden has like 5 times as many deaths from covid19 than all of our Nordic neighbors combined. Not sure what the fear-mongering is about but this is something acknowledged by the Public Health Agency in Sweden as well, so it's not like they are in denial. Things did not go very well for Sweden until the last months. Being a Swede I am happy it is looking good right now I hope it continues, but it was pretty bad this spring.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Agreed, no
Sweden never had a herd community strategy.
Agreed, the Swedish "strategy" was none existant in the begining. Then after a while its more like "-Lets se what happens" adopt alittle after sometime, then downplay what happened afterwards if it is something troublesome for Sweden, like the many deaths and how wide spread the virus was here.
It seems better at the moment, cant really see why there won't come a second wave though, like in the rest of Europe, cause there is no significant herd still . Was it 7% of the population in Stockholm having antibodies?

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Sweden never had a herd community strategy.
Not sure what this means :laugh:

Herd immunity though, of course there was. Read the released internal communication a couple of weeks ago. They didn't say it out loud because of how it would sound/look. Then they adapted, becoming harsher on implementing certain measures like distancing in resturants etc. Does not change the initial idea.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
This is good good news!

As everyone understands though it does not negate that fact that Sweden has had more deaths than Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Lituania and Poland summed up together... And 5 times more deaths per million inhabitants than Germany.

Then, no.
Now, yes. That is awesome news by the way. This way we can hopefully go forward without lockdowns.

That's the easiest way to explain/justify Swe's strategy.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Sweden did not let the virus run free, simply failed at protecting the most vulnerable among the elderly. One can criticize the failure surely, but still there was an attempt so it's somewhat anachronistic to point to current experiences that are everywhere based on earlier failures of one sort or another. Also Sweden is much better at protecting the nursing homes now and there are hardly any COVID-19 deaths in them.

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Sweden did not let the virus run free, simply failed at protecting the most vulnerable among the elderly. One can criticize the failure surely, but still there was an attempt so it's somewhat anachronistic to point to current experiences that are everywhere based on earlier failures of one sort or another. Also Sweden is much better at protecting the nursing homes now and there are hardly any COVID-19 deaths in them.
Sweden did nothing at first (Especially compared to like all other nations in the world..) when the virus came here. I know I was here. Where are you from? Time to be happy about it beeing less deadly now. I think things are going to go back to be pretty normal everywhere soon. The things that is going to be left to discuss is what was done , what was not done, cosequenses etc. I'ts notable that the excuses (like your post Albatros) are coming in as fast as the good news.

And no it was not just the eldery they failed to protect, there where a lot (in comparison) of severly sick people in other age groups too, and some of them died too.

Leafmealone11

Aug 7, 2020
This is just positive news for every human. See link, very credible source on the subject,

Declining COVID-19 Case Fatality Rates across all ages: analysis of German data - CEBM

This news casts an even bigger shadow on Swedens "strategy" dosent it. If you are going to let the virus run free , now is the time, not then, in mars-april, in the begining, when it was more deadly to everyone obviously..

The last paragraph of what you posted,

Disclaimer: the article has not been peer-reviewed; it should not replace individual clinical judgement, and the sources cited should be checked. The views expressed in this commentary represent the views of the authors and not necessarily those of the host institution, the NHS, the NIHR, or the Department of Health and Social Care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->