What's each countries' "Hockey Mecca?"

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
In Canada Toronto and Montreal are overrated. They aren’t hockey Mecca’s as much as they are Leafs and Habs towns. Their lack of support for junior hockey us an example of this. Especially Montreal which barely supported the World Juniors when they hosted.

I would pick either Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary.

Reactions: hypereconomist

hypereconomist

Mar 10, 2019
In Canada Toronto and Montreal are overrated. They aren’t hockey Mecca’s as much as they are Leafs and Habs towns. Their lack of support for junior hockey us an example of this. Especially Montreal which barely supported the World Juniors when they hosted.

I would pick either Vancouver, Edmonton or Calgary.

Agreed. Toronto and Montreal are only hockey hot spots because of their sheer size, not because the average citizen is super passionate about the sport.

I'd also add Saskatoon and Regina as stronger candidates for Canada's hockey mecca. Heck, the whole province of Saskatchewan pumps as many or more NHLers and quality professional players as any major city not named Toronto or Montreal even though its collective provincial population is less than the individual populations of the big six metro areas.

Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad