What's a better shoulder pad?

martywest

Mar 22, 2006
Albany NY
I know that the Jofa 9400 shoulder pad became the RBK 7K shoulder pad. However, Reebok made a few improvements to the 9400 before they released it as the 7K, but I'm not too sure what those improvements were. My question is, what is a better pad for the money, the 7K for $80 new, or the 9400 for $40 clearance?

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
martywest said:
I know that the Jofa 9400 shoulder pad became the RBK 7K shoulder pad. However, Reebok made a few improvements to the 9400 before they released it as the 7K, but I'm not too sure what those improvements were. My question is, what is a better pad for the money, the 7K for $80 new, or the 9400 for $40 clearance?

Go with the 9400's. If you can get that level of pad for $40, that's a sweet deal.

I've looked at the RBK's in a store and I really can't tell the difference. Maybe the improvements where adding the RBK logo.

**EDIT**

I just looked at them again. I hadn't noticed the RBK's now have a exposed plastic shoulder and biceps protectors. The Jofa's have the covered plastic pieces.

night-timer

Apr 26, 2006
Sydney, Australia
The RBK gear is sweet, huh?!? I've got the 8k shin and elbow pads. (I got Easton Synergy 900 shoulder pads.) This occurred when I ditched the Koho 4460 gear I started out playing with. (The Koho gear was great for the price, actually.)

I often vist the www.Epinions.com website to read the hockey product reviews. A guy called Puckmugger (Scott Noble), from Colorado, does some great reviews.

Here, for example, is his review of the Jofa RBK shoulder pads. Scott does a great job of explaining the RBK "JDP" function - joint discharge principle: http://www.epinions.com/content_226608844420

Scott's reviews also help explain the differences and similarities, if any, between (new) RBK and (old) Jofa products. Have a look!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->