Whatever happened to...?

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I remember HF having a similar mega-thread for those questions that didnt really deserve a own thread. We could ask questions about what exactly happened to a player that just disappear of the map for no reasons after being a good player for a few seasons. Obviously HockeyDB help but sometimes, it just doesnt give all the answer. For exemple, I'm curious about why Stephen Weiss fell so quickly after moving away from Weiss?

He was a top 5 draft pick with medium to high ceiling. Once he made it full time to the NHL he became a good contributor in Florida with many 50+ seasons, then he was traded for Detroit where he became fully ineffective. He had 25 points in 52 games in his last season at the age of 31 then he just stopped playing hockey.

That's really young for a player of his caliber. What happened? Injuries derailed his career? How did he went from a 57 points centreman to a retired player in less than three years? Could he play Montréal 1st line centre next year?

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

SUBdrewgANS

Let's Go Pens!
Dec 4, 2007
Abington, PA
www.drewklevan.com
Richard Park

Side note.. I just looked him up.. he was around when the pens wore these jerseys?
ox281289829481874419.jpg

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
He was a top 5 draft pick with medium to high ceiling. Once he made it full time to the NHL he became a good contributor in Florida with many 50+ seasons, then he was traded for Detroit where he became fully ineffective. He had 25 points in 52 games in his last season at the age of 31 then he just stopped playing hockey.

That's really young for a player of his caliber. What happened? Injuries derailed his career? How did he went from a 57 points centreman to a retired player in less than three years? Could he play Montréal 1st line centre next year?

Weiss' body was broken and it seems he got a final injury that just made him in.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Whatever happened to Chairman Mao?
Whatever happened to God above?
Whatever happened to the cow?
Whatever happened to plug-in love?

Reactions: BuckyDornster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad