Whatever happened to... Ryan O'Marra

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You must have a hate for Gagner if you put McDonagh, Eller, Pacioretty, Blum (so far), Smith and Backlund ahead of him, Gagner hasnt hit his full potential yet but he still is better then all these guys so far.

He trolls the Oilers, just ignore him.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
What exactly have they done to make you believe what you have posted?

He said that he thinks Gagner will be a top 5 player from that draft, I just named a group of guys that he can be compared with, I don't think he'll be a top 5 player, you can disagree I won't mind.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He trolls the Oilers, just ignore him.

Give me a break, everyone that said something non flattering about the Oilers must be trolling. People have the right to their opinion if you don't like say why do you think they are wrong, don't call someone a troll just because you disagree with their opinion. I couldn't care less about your Oilers, if you think that I spend my time trolling them, think again.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I agree with "the Oilers troll".

I would put a lot of money against Gagner ending up as a Top 5 player from 2007.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Give me a break, everyone that said something non flattering about the Oilers must be trolling. People have the right to their opinion if you don't like say why do you think they are wrong, don't call someone a troll just because you disagree with their opinion. I couldn't care less about your Oilers, if you think that I spend my time trolling them, think again.

:shakehead

You have clearly made yourself a reputation of disliking the Oilers and their fans before. Everything you comment on us is negative.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I agree with "the Oilers troll".

I would put a lot of money against Gagner ending up as a Top 5 player from 2007.

Kane, JVR, Benn, Subban, Perron will all be better then Gagner. I wouldn't put money on it either. But to say guys like Eller, Backlund, Smith, McDonaugh will be better than him is a little ridiculous.. People have really written him off too early. I would put money that he will be a top 10 player to come out of this draft.

squidz*

It's Joey Moss, you might as well just add him to your block list if you value your sanity. It seems that at least 50% of the rest of hfboards has.

EK65IsAGod

SensWerePrettyPesky
Jul 31, 2011
Maritimes
Ivan13;36139893[B said:
Playing great during the playoffs isn't worth something? Sorry but I don't get your logic. Benn is and will be a great NHLer, I just like Blum a little bit better.

Peter Regin says Hi.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
:shakehead

You have clearly made yourself a reputation of disliking the Oilers and their fans before. Everything you comment on us is negative.

I don't mind Oilers one bit, you have some terrific young talent (like Hall, RNH, Eberle, Lander, MPS, Omark, Klefbom, Marcicn, etc), and I want to see them do good. I once said that I don't see RNH as a superstar in this league, but rather as a star player (I think he'll end up like Patrice Bergeron who's a fantastic player IMHO, not a superstar but a star), if you think that's bashing RNH I don't know what to say to you, and I've said that I like Avs roster and young talent (like Stastny, Duchene, Varlamov, EJ, O'Reilly, Hishon, Elliot, Barrie, Pickard, Siemens, etc) more that that of Oilers. If that makes me a troll then so be it.

Kane, JVR, Benn, Subban, Perron will all be better then Gagner. I wouldn't put money on it either. But to say guys like Eller, Backlund, Smith, McDonaugh will be better than him is a little ridiculous.. People have really written him off too early. I would put money that he will be a top 10 player to come out of this draft.

I said that you can find 5 players that will be better than him in that group, I didn't say that all of them are going to end up better, don't jump to conclusions.

Kershaw

With all due respect to Benn he isn't better than JVR or Blum.

This is a terrible post.

Benn is the same age as Van Riemsdyk and Blum, do you realize what you just said here?

Benn was on pace for a 66+ point season. And he was buried in the depth chart since Richards played as the Stars #1 center.

Benn has outscored JVR for the past two years by a considerable amount, yet you still somehow rank Van Riemsdyk ahead of Benn?

How is Blum better than Benn? Blum had one decent playoffs, this is way too small of a sample size to rank him ahead of Benn.

Benn is already a 1st liner, the others have the potential, Benn is the real deal. Same with the Sam Gagner consensus you were stating, he is already a proven commodity and I have no idea how you rank guys like McDonagh(I watched him play this year), Backlund, Eller ,etc.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
This is a terrible post.

Benn is the same age as Van Riemsdyk and Blum, do you realize what you just said here?

Benn was on pace for a 66+ point season. And he was buried in the depth chart since Richards played as the Stars #1 center.

Benn has outscored JVR for the past two years by a considerable amount, yet you still somehow rank Van Riemsdyk ahead of Benn?

How is Blum better than Benn? Blum had one decent playoffs, this is way too small of a sample size to rank him ahead of Benn.

Benn is already a 1st liner, the others have the potential, Benn is the real deal. Same with the Sam Gagner consensus you were stating, he is already a proven commodity and I have no idea how you rank guys like McDonagh(I watched him play this year), Backlund, Eller ,etc.

Do you even read all the posts before posting an answer to one. As I've said before, I see Benn as a fantastic young player, I just think that Blum will be a little bit better, and JVR has more potential IMHO, if you disagree OK, but calling my post terrible seems ignorant.

As for Gagner I've listed a group of players that he needs to be better than to be considered a top 5 player from that draft. He'll probably be better than a couple of guys in that group, but I don't see him as a Top 5 player from that group.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
I'd agree that Gagner won't be a top 5 player in his draft year. I think its definitely possible for him to be top 5 points-wise, for certain top 10.

I always laugh a little when I see all the love a guy like Backlund gets lately and Gagner gets crapped on. I understand when that happens with Turris, but Backlund?

Live from Rexall

Apr 6, 2008
London, UK
I think he will be remembered for the amazing WJC's that one year where his line was dynamite all tourney long and this hit with the call by Maquire will always be remembered.

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Do you even read all the posts before posting an answer to one. As I've said before, I see Benn as a fantastic young player, I just think that Blum will be a little bit better, and JVR has more potential IMHO, if you disagree OK, but calling my post terrible seems ignorant.

As for Gagner I've listed a group of players that he needs to be better than to be considered a top 5 player from that draft. He'll probably be better than a couple of guys in that group, but I don't see him as a Top 5 player from that group.

Do actually think Gagner has peaked at 21 as a 45 point player? No room for improvement. Gagner will never becom a superstar but he does have the ability to improve at both aspects (O and D) of the game.

Also you were trying to say Blum is better then Gagner because he played well for a short sample size. I have news for you, Gagner had a better rookie season then plenty of very good players. Does that mean he was better then they are?

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
It's Joey Moss, you might as well just add him to your block list if you value your sanity. It seems that at least 50% of the rest of hfboards has.

Uhh.. what? What kind of reputation do you think I have that would make you think 50% of HF would have me on their block list? I think I'm pretty respectful here, with the odd time when I'm defending my team.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Do actually think Gagner has peaked at 21 as a 45 point player? No room for improvement. Gagner will never becom a superstar but he does have the ability to improve at both aspects (O and D) of the game.

Also you were trying to say Blum is better then Gagner because he played well for a short sample size. I have news for you, Gagner had a better rookie season then plenty of very good players. Does that mean he was better then they are?

Gagner will improve there's no doubt, but I don't see him as a top 5 player from that draft, is it that hard to figure out what I'm saying, I never said that I think that Gagner is a bad player. I think Blum is better because I like the way he plays the game, I like the way he steped up when needed, he has the chance to learn from two great defensmen in Suter and Weber, and he plays in a great development system for young defensman.

Huis Clos*

Playing great during the playoffs isn't worth something? Sorry but I don't get your logic. Benn is and will be a great NHLer, I just like Blum a little bit better.

Ok, Fernando Pisani.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
I made several trips to watch Erie Otters games during the lockout, and never saw why O'Marra was considered a top 10 pick going into the draft. I mean, he was a good, solid player, but not great at anything. I was more impressed with Michael Blunden, but neither have been able to put it together. The funny thing is, O'Marra was considered the "safe" pick of the first round.

Last edited:

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Gagner will improve there's no doubt, but I don't see him as a top 5 player from that draft, is it that hard to figure out what I'm saying, I never said that I think that Gagner is a bad player. I think Blum is better because I like the way he plays the game, I like the way he steped up when needed, he has the chance to learn from two great defensmen in Suter and Weber, and he plays in a great development system for young defensman.

I guess what I was trying to say is that you where arguing that Blum is going to be better then S. Gagner because of the 35 games he played well.

My counter point would be look at S. Gagner first pro year. He had arguably just as a successful season. So you cannot judge players against each other on small sample sizes because of this. S. Gagner may end up becoming a legit 1 C, and score 70 - 80 regularly. It may take him longer like M. Savard. He may become D. Langkow, a good #2 centre who never improves much on early success.

Who is to say Blum improves on last season? There are plenty of Andy Delmores and Marc-Andre Bergerons who have early success only to stall in development.

Kershaw

Benn is already a 'fantastic young player', his production is in line with other first line players in the league.

And in your post you didn't say Benn is better, you clearly stated Blum and JVR are better:

With all due respect to Benn he isn't better than JVR or Blum.

Provide insight. Gagner is better than them right now, while he is also the same age. I don't think it's a big stretch to put Gagner in the top 5 like you're making it out to be.

You do know that Gagner is a successful NHL player with 3 consecutive 40+ point seasons? Backlund had less, Eller had half, McDonagh and Blum while good defenseman have too small of a sample size to be ranked ahead of Gagner.

NeilYoung

May 7, 2009
Uhh.. what? What kind of reputation do you think I have that would make you think 50% of HF would have me on their block list? I think I'm pretty respectful here, with the odd time when I'm defending my team.

That's funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad