whatever happened to Devereaux Heshmatpour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Man, this guy's stock absolutely ****ing plummeted. In January he was at the Top Prospects game. Then he did the mini-combine thing there, got beat out by the goalies in skating drills, and that seemed to be about the end of it.

Since I haven't heard much of anything from him since that Top Prospects game, I'm wondering if he's even ranked anymore... Anyone know?

Couple of secondary questions too:

1) What's the deal with Gawlik? Is he still in the draft, or did he opt out because of his injury problems?

2) Are there any bloodlines in this draft (aside from Staal, Ryder, and Pyatt)? I've seen a Makarov pop up in a list of Russian prospects, is he any relation to Sergei? I've also seen a Brophy. Might he be related to THN senior writer Mike Brophy? Anything else I've missed?

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Hesh hasn't developed his skating and overall play to the point where he is a top-two round pick. He has no mobility but has massive size. I think more was expected of him this year in the O, but he didn't improve as much as expected.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
More bloodlines - Fritsche, Stastny, Chorney, Sauer. Also interesting is Christian Hanson.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
The Nemesis said:
What's the deal with Gawlik? Is he still in the draft, or did he opt out because of his injury problems?

That probably will depend on the opt-in rule itself, as in whether or not it's actually still a part of the new CBA. Right now, we just don't know.

timlap

Jun 19, 2002
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Alexander Sundstrom, son of former NHLer Patrik Sundstrom is eligible.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
The Nemesis said:
Man, this guy's stock absolutely ****ing plummeted. In January he was at the Top Prospects game. Then he did the mini-combine thing there, got beat out by the goalies in skating drills, and that seemed to be about the end of it.

Since I haven't heard much of anything from him since that Top Prospects game, I'm wondering if he's even ranked anymore... Anyone know?

Couple of secondary questions too:

1) What's the deal with Gawlik? Is he still in the draft, or did he opt out because of his injury problems?

2) Are there any bloodlines in this draft (aside from Staal, Ryder, and Pyatt)? I've seen a Makarov pop up in a list of Russian prospects, is he any relation to Sergei? I've also seen a Brophy. Might he be related to THN senior writer Mike Brophy? Anything else I've missed?

His name was probably too long and hard to spell, so scouts got tired of talking about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad