OT: Whatcha Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
But he does have a classic or two. Pipes of Peace is a fantastic son.g

Revisiting his post-Beatles work as a whole, I was surprised by how many songs I pulled as standouts and favorites.

In my mind his stuff was a little more bubble gum than it turned out to be with a focused listen.

But I think his post-Anthology stuff is arguably some of his strongest. There's a certain maturity and reflectiveness to it, representing a man who has loved and lost, and has a lifetime of memories and thoughts.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
But I think his post-Anthology stuff is arguably some of his strongest. There's a certain maturity and reflectiveness to it, representing a man who has loved and lost, and has a lifetime of memories and thoughts.
Agreed. Though if I was to look at the Beatles as a whole, Harrison stands out as the best post-Beatles recognition

Reactions: nyrage

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Agreed. Though if I was to look at the Beatles as a whole, Harrison stands out as the best post-Beatles recognition

Harrison is my personal favorite, though he had long periods of inactivity. Of course, one of the consequences is that leaves listeners wanting more.

Reactions: nyrage

dstoffa

Jan 11, 2013
Right now, Time-Life's "Sounds of the Seventies" collection, ripped and being shuffled on my now obsolete iPod nano.

Machinehead

GoAwayKakko
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Finished Paul McCartney --- particularly liked Flaming Pie and Egypt Station from his latter work.

Moving on to Aerosmith.

Though I did take a break to procrastinate on work. Spent 10 minutes on YouTube listening/watching Dr. Teeth and The Electric Mayhem.

Felt, string, and no CGI. Still better than most of the music (and TV shows) out there today.
I saw Paul live a night the Yankees were playing a playoff game and he was giving us score updates. Big pop when he announced that they won. Apparently, he's a big fan.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Don't know why it took me so long but I finally got into the Smiths last album and it has some of their best **** on it

Kinda glad I waited so long to go in on it
I’ve heard people say it’s their favorite. I honestly could never pick one.

Also, Idk if this would interest you, but in 1993 WEA reissued the entire Smiths discography on CD, and they sound great. Must have pressed a billion of them, you can find copies for around $3-7 online. Made in Germany, look for the 4509 at the beginning of the catalog #s.

The Sire reissues from the late 80s are good too, just a bit more expensive.

The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
The Smiths - The Queen Is Dead

Last edited:

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Going album by album with Billy Joel right now.

Solo or Attila too? I saw the Hired Guns movie last year. I enjoyed the film. I don't want to get into the dispute but Billy had a nice band back in the day. Always admired Liberty Devitto. Excellent drummer and someone I was able to bond with my music teachers over because they didn't want to hear about Lars Ulrich/Nick Menza/Mike Portnoy lol

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Always all over the place with music so lately it's been the new Czarface/Ghostface Killah album that was released this past Friday.

Inter Arma an extreme/experimental/jammy metal band that is on Relapse Records.

I finally have the X-Ray Spex Anthology which was a BDay present to myself.

My buddy highly recommended the Rosalia album. It's interesting so far.

Finally, I've heard a little of Sara Diamond, who sang the anthem last time the Rangers were in Montreal. Turns out she's a very talented RnB singer and has the 'futuristic" sound kind of like Kelela.

Reactions: eco's bones

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Always all over the place with music so lately it's been the new Czarface/Ghostface Killah album that was released this past Friday.

Inter Arma an extreme/experimental/jammy metal band that is on Relapse Records.

I finally have the X-Ray Spex Anthology which was a BDay present to myself.

My buddy highly recommended the Rosalia album. It's interesting so far.

Finally, I've heard a little of Sara Diamond, who sang the anthem last time the Rangers were in Montreal. Turns out she's a very talented RnB singer and has the 'futuristic" sound kind of like Kelela.

Nice birthday present.

Reactions: Skjeikspeare

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Checking out Catfish and the Bottlemen. My girlfriend has been a big fan. Not bad at all. A little bit generic sounding at times. Trying to track down tickets for April at Brooklyn Steel for her birthday, but they sold out and the gougers are out in force.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Solo or Attila too? I saw the Hired Guns movie last year. I enjoyed the film. I don't want to get into the dispute but Billy had a nice band back in the day. Always admired Liberty Devitto. Excellent drummer and someone I was able to bond with my music teachers over because they didn't want to hear about Lars Ulrich/Nick Menza/Mike Portnoy lol

Solo for now, but Attila might make its way into the lineup soon.

Reactions: Skjeikspeare

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Who knows when it will actually come out (originally June 2018) but a new My Bloody Valentine EP has been in the works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->