Tidbits: Whatcha Eatin'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This thread is for posting pictures of food, recipes or anything related to food.

Here is a picture of a McDonalds cheeseburger.

hero_pdt_cheeseburger.png

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Does cooking some cast iron pans count? I'm re-seasoning all of the ones from the family cabin, somebody used them and had no idea on how to clean them.

My cast iron set is the best investment I've made for cooking.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Does cooking some cast iron pans count? I'm re-seasoning all of the ones from the family cabin, somebody used them and had no idea on how to clean them.

My cast iron set is the best investment I've made for cooking.

Agree! Cast iron pans are "the" thing for fish and meat. When in hurry, with chicken or minced meat etc.. I use the Teflon ones. But for "serious cooking" always cast iron. And a glass of wine for the cook :)

Woks are different story of course.. actually we don't have any at the moment.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Hey those 1€ cheeseburgers have saved me from many a sudden hunger around town. Oh the white flours of Babylon, thou soothe our minds and maketh our stomachs full. Rejoice!

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
I had a Lidl premium-brand frozen pizza today.

By far the best frozen pizza I've ever had. No contest. Yeah, at 2.5 euros it's a bit expensive, but beats Grandiosa and Ristorante (its direct competitors) by a country mile.

Tomorrow someone comes over so I'm thinking full grain/brown rice and chicken. Sweet chili sauce sounds good with it, opinions? And should I go with veggies on the side or a salad?

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Soya based vegan macaroni casserole (microwave meal). I'm not a vegan, but because world's ending and this is actually decent food.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I ordered some pizza today and it was awful. Supposed to be a popular place in my town, but it was pretty bad.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I'm curious to read/see more about Finnish food!

Like, what are some typical Finnish pizza toppings?

I ordered some pizza today and it was awful. Supposed to be a popular place in my town, but it was pretty bad.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
My typical 4 pizza toppings would be pepperoni, kebab, pineapple and double cheese/blue cheese.

Had some entrecote pork in red wine sauce for lunch and brown rice and chicken with creme fraiche-parsley -dip for dinner. Tomorrow it's pitsaperjantai (pizza friday) though.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Anyone like Hummus?

I ate what is referred to a Traditional Arabic Mezze today in Bahrain with like 3 types of hummus. I always liked it but damn, so much more variety than I knew.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
My typical 4 pizza toppings would be pepperoni, kebab, pineapple and double cheese/blue cheese.

Had some entrecote pork in red wine sauce for lunch and brown rice and chicken with creme fraiche-parsley -dip for dinner. Tomorrow it's pitsaperjantai (pizza friday) though.

Kebab pizza? So, like, shaved lamb?

My fav pizza is Frutti di Mare. Shrimps, mussels and tuna. Om nom nom.

48_Pizza-Frutti-di-Mare.jpg

I'm hesitant, but curious about seafood pizza.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Ham, salami, champion mushrooms, red onion and some cheese are my favourite toppings.

Kebab is also great on a pizza. I used to live in Oulu in northern Finland, local specialty is adding mayonaise to the pizza.

Surprisingly, it tastes amazing on a pizza.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I've heard mayonnaise, corn, and shrimp are pizza topping favorites in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad