OT: Whatcha Eatin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
A guy I know owns a pizza place in Minnesota. Told me "don't ever go into the pizza business". I asked why.

He said: It's a business model where you have to pay people the absolute lowest wages to make a profit, and with that, it's hard to get and keep anyone good. He said he is always retraining his pizza makers and half the time, he ends up doing it himself. With all the competition, it's gotta be tough.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Libretto's is alright but have you tried Maker Pizza? Mama Mia, Delicioso! Worth a shot if you're back in town.

I haven’t heard of it. I lived in Mississauga for the past decade but I never really ventured into Toronto all that much to be honest. A friend brought me to pizza libretto.

I will definitely have to check it out the next time I’m in the area.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
A guy I know owns a pizza place in Minnesota. Told me "don't ever go into the pizza business". I asked why.

He said: It's a business model where you have to pay people the absolute lowest wages to make a profit, and with that, it's hard to get and keep anyone good. He said he is always retraining his pizza makers and half the time, he ends up doing it himself. With all the competition, it's gotta be tough.

Toro had an oven fire that shut them down for almost a year (old building, long story). They paid their staff a part time wage the whole time they were closed, other restaurants in Durham put on Toro stand up events and gave their staff jobs, and then they all came back when Toro reopened.

It's a town that is willing to pay a premium for good restaurants. We're very lucky.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Ooh like what?

Have found myself at sonics more times than I’d like to admit. Had always seen their commercials and wanted to try it. Pretty good food.

Have tried a few brewpubs. Had dinner at the oaken barrel a few nights ago. Market grille is a common spot for lunch.

Drive by a White Castle today. No desire to eat there.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
There’s one just across the parking lot from my hotel but I haven’t been yet. I will be back here in a week and staying for around a month so I’ll try it for sure.

What do you recommend?
Basically any of their burgers, and their frozen custard is legit as well. I usually do their Wisconsin Swiss melt when I find myself in the Midwest.

Have found myself at sonics more times than I’d like to admit. Had always seen their commercials and wanted to try it. Pretty good food.

Have tried a few brewpubs. Had dinner at the oaken barrel a few nights ago. Market grille is a common spot for lunch.

Drive by a White Castle today. No desire to eat there.
Yeah Sonic's fast food game is pretty underrated IMHO.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Maple bourbon steak tips make for a damn good quesadilla.

0CC49535-8FAD-49F5-8E50-34FDB27D1AB0.jpeg
310C933B-4465-4D1C-ACFE-3BBFD8A5BA4C.jpeg
8C96AEB1-C2D6-4481-B05E-A78630AEAC67.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->