OT: Whatcha Eatin' - Second Course

Dec 30, 2013
Chanterelle and gouda mac and cheese! This has been a good year for mushroom foraging.

20200622_145250.jpg
20200630_200246.jpg
20200630_202748.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2013
Well damn. This is a good post.

Thank you! If I can find some chicken of the woods this month I'll be sure to post whatever I make with it.

I'm not much of a mushroom guy, but man that's a nice looking bowl.

I didn't like them at all a few years ago, but once I started foraging for them I became a big fan. I still won't buy them in a grocery store but I try to go into the woods at least once a week to find some

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Thank you! If I can find some chicken of the woods this month I'll be sure to post whatever I make with it.

I didn't like them at all a few years ago, but once I started foraging for them I became a big fan. I still won't buy them in a grocery store but I try to go into the woods at least once a week to find some
That's cool. I like the flavor of mushroom okay. Just don't usually like the texture of the actual mushrooms.

Reactions: VAcaniac

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
So I did the Hot Chicken thing again tonight.

-I used a buttermilk brine this time as recommended from other YouTubers

-Rolling the chicken in flour is still messy but it seems to stick better to the buttermilk brined chicken than not, your results may vary

-I had no crisco/lard but just vegetable oil is fine

-Added chili powder to the spices as per other YouTubers

-Wonderbread is amazing w/ this dish

-Much easier to clean this time around.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
But... but why, and how, did you acquire it?

I eat almost everything, but salmiakki is just a bridge too far. It tastes like someone is trying to poison you. It's literally eating ammonia.

if you get the versions that are too salty, it kind of just tastes like you are eating chewy battery acid. i avoid those

the lower salt versions kind of smell like feet, but have a really good salty/sweet balance that grows on you for some reason. i used to work with a lot of danish people who turned me onto the stuff when they found out i liked regular black licorice and... well here we are

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad