Whatcha Drinkin'?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The light nose with deep vanilla and mint along with notes of oak, brown sugar, and caramel and a medium to long finish send my taste buds into a state of rapture. Plus it fits nicely into the Evolve Media budget. :laugh:

392212.jpg

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I have been drinking this the last few months. I like it. It doesn't have that super strong coffee taste. It tastes like a normal cup of coffee but packs a pretty big punch

I've been to their HQ.
Take a look inside the new Death Wish Coffee HQ
If you want a coupon code for a discount the offer will pop up here:
About Death Wish Coffee

You can use mine. I prefer a strong coffee flavor

(*Offer only valid for 48 hours)

REDEEM YOUR FAST CASH
You’re in — here’s your promised discount code for some savings as good as that first sip of coffee. Treat yourself with $3 OFF your first order with the code below. Simply copy the code and apply it at checkout.
RGCB39VFTF6R
Shop Now
[TBODY]
[TBODY]

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This week's scotch...

The Glenlivet 15 French Oak Reserve
0010000023602_1.jpg

Two splashes of water. A nice spicy yet fruity sweet scotch with a nutty finish.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
A good (at least for my taste) inexpensive single malt scotch I've found is the Aberlour 12. I get hints of pear.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Third week's scotch...

Glenmorangie 14 - The Quinta Ruban, Port Cask Finish
GLENMORANGIE-WHISKY-EXTRA-MATURE-QUINTA-RUBAN-NEW-70CL-101124-1.jpg

Two cubes of ice.

A spicy scotch with a buttery mango finish with a hint of lemon.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good stuff. What's the occasion?
Just the end of the work week. Nothing like a nice glass of scotch after getting home for the weekend. I like to switch it up each week though. Love the variety of flavors scotch whiskey offers. Each one having its own personality and unfolding in completely different ways. ;)

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This week's scotch...

Ardbeg Uigeadail The Ultimate - cask strength
mvqf5hkzu3q1rwzytvmg

Two splashes of water, two cubes of ice.
A strong peaty scotch, with a very fruity sweet finish

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I had a glass of Gran Conti Sangiovese with our Easter lunch. I believe that I found it at Total Wine before Christmas. It was the first "beverage" since New Years Day. It was our first family meal in over a year. (Everyone had a vaccination(s) except the youngest daughter. COVID-19 stinks!)

The label says "tastes of strawberry and cherry" with a "hint of spice". It is a tasty Italian red.

Lartsaman: To your Swiss friend! I know that Italy borders Switzerland for 450 miles or so.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This week's scotch?

Oban 14
Oban-14-Year-Single-Malt-Scotch-750-ml_1.png

Two small splashes of water.

A sweet yet lemony sour scotch. Semi spicy finish with... again, a bit of a lingering lemony aftertaste.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Aberlour A'bunadh Alba - cask strength (this batch is listed at 58.7%abv)
ABERLOURABUNADHALBA.jpg

3 splashes of water. A very citrus sweet scotch, with a hint of apricot and lemon, with a short sweet vanilla finish

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This week's scotch...

The Belvenie 14 - Caribbean Cask
balvenie-14-year-speyside-caribbean-cask-single-malt-scotch.jpg

Two splashes of water.
A sweet toffee fruit flavor, a citrus vanilla lingering finish.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Aberlour A'bunadh Alba - cask strength (this batch is listed at 58.7%abv)
ABERLOURABUNADHALBA.jpg

3 splashes of water. A very citrus sweet scotch, with a hint of apricot and lemon, with a short sweet vanilla finish

I'm interested in this one, though I don't think I've tried a Scotch with quite that high an ABV.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
This week's scotch...

Glenmorangie Extremely Rare 18
glenmorangie-18-year-old-extremely-rare-whisky.jpg

2 small splashes of water.
A honey sweet scotch with a strong lemongrass flavor, and a citrus sweet finish that has hints of apricots.
I'm interested in this one, though I don't think I've tried a Scotch with quite that high an ABV.
I have a couple other cask strength drams as well. The Glenlivet Naddurra Oloroso, the batch I have is 60.4%abv, and Ardbeg Uigeadail the Ultimate, 54%abv - the Aberlour A'bunadh Alba slots in between at 58.7%.

Cask strength scotch tends to need ice along with water to help tame it a bit. Both the Glenlivet and Ardbeg definitely needed it. The Aberlour surprised me with just needing one more splash of water than I find most scotches need to reach their sweet spot in opening up the flavor.

Last edited:

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have 3 boxes of hard liquor in the closet that is probably 30 years old. We don't drink and that is an accumulation of years of "presents" people bring over for dinner.

There are at least a dozen bottles of Metaxa cognac amongst other cognac and whiskeys.

Would they still be good?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I have 3 boxes of hard liquor in the closet that is probably 30 years old. We don't drink and that is an accumulation of years of "presents" people bring over for dinner.

There are at least a dozen bottles of Metaxa cognac amongst other cognac and whiskeys.

Would they still be good?
Yes, they likely are still good.

Whiskey, as long as the bottle stays well sealed, will remain good. It's the losing of its seal due to an overly dry environment drying out the cork that will cause problems as it evaporates etc... or the cork breaking apart upon removal contaminating it.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
This week's scotch...

The Belvenie 14 - Caribbean Cask
balvenie-14-year-speyside-caribbean-cask-single-malt-scotch.jpg

Two splashes of water.
A sweet toffee fruit flavor, a citrus vanilla lingering finish.
How is this one? Is it worth the extra money compared to the regular 12 year? I've always been interested in it as I like the sweeter scotches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->