OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Loving London so far. Lots of great beers as well. My favourites so far have been Shipyard APA and Beavertown Gamma Ray APA.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Really enjoyed some cask ales at Great Waters the other night, I should seek out more of that kind of thing. The scotch ale was right up my alley.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Really enjoyed some cask ales at Great Waters the other night, I should seek out more of that kind of thing. The scotch ale was right up my alley.
I just can't get into the cask ales. Had plenty of them on my trip to London and Edinburgh. The cellar temp just throws me off. I can't get over the feeling like I'm drinking a beer that has been sitting out for an hour.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
1200px-17-03-16-Jägermeister-Miniaturen-RR7_8310.jpg

In Helsinki. Send help

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I just can't get into the cask ales. Had plenty of them on my trip to London and Edinburgh. The cellar temp just throws me off. I can't get over the feeling like I'm drinking a beer that has been sitting out for an hour.

I guess I've had enough stouts, porters, Belgians etc. that open up better at slightly warmer temperatures that it doesn't bother me. The thing I least enjoyed about cask ales was that all the carbonation is in the head, and then it's pretty flat after that. But it still seemed to work for me.

1200px-17-03-16-Jägermeister-Miniaturen-RR7_8310.jpg

In Helsinki. Send help

I can't get past that it looks like two parents standing behind two kids in a family photo. I may be in no position to send help!

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Lift Bridge Farm Girl is great. I got their sampler pack, but I'm not particularly fond of any of the others.

Reactions: TaLoN

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Every once in a while I buy Fulton's Sweet Child of Vine, and every time I forget how much I love this beer.

It's a really solid beer.

Lift Bridge Farm Girl is great. I got their sampler pack, but I'm not particularly fond of any of the others.

I don't know if it's me, saisons, or brewing inconsistencies but it seems to me like I have strong feelings towards this beer that reverse every time I have one.

Tried Castle Danger and Indeed fresh hops during the last game. Castle Danger did a tasty thing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Not cheap, but totally worth the splurge on occasion!

Had Farm Girl for tailgating a couple weeks ago for the Saints game. Usually tailgate with Honey Weiss

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Since I am a MN transplant on the west coast, I generally drink coast brews. Here's a lineup for this fall:

Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout
Iron Horse Irish Death
Ghostfish Vanishing Point PA
No-Li Wrecking Ball Imperial Stout
Silver City Magnificent Scotch Ale
Freemont Dark Star Oatmeal Stout + a bottle of the Bourbon Barrel Aged Dark Star

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.

Aaand closing.

Schell's cave-aged barrel-aged dark lager is out now. Not sure that it's been a dark lager before, but anything I've had in this series has pretty much been the best thing to ever be.

Been digging the Insight 4-pks for $7 at Top Ten. Splendid Moose is proper, and they make possibly my favorite porter.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Fat Lizard All Out IPA
CoolHead Passion Guava Sour
CoolHead & Brew By Numbers Levitation

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Spirits_Bourbon-squashed-1.png

I just got a bottle of this as a late b-day present. It's strong, yet smooth, none of burnt taste lots of bourbons have, mellow/sweet aftertaste. You can smell the 95 proof, but not taste it. I'm liking it so far.

Reactions: gphr513

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
The Seattle area is getting about 6-8" of snow- an absolute apocalypse here, all the bread and milk is sold out- it's ridiculous compared to MN- so I'm all prepared to do nothing while everything is shutdown.

I got:
Elysian Split Shot Espresso Stout
Deschutes Obsidian Stout
Belching Beaver Peanut Butter Milk Stout
Ninkasi Helles Belles Lager

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Trappistes Rochefort 10
Omnipollo Zodiak IPA
Origin Craft Club White Wine

Last edited:

Burn

Mar 24, 2018
Coming in for the State Tournament. I love Dangerous Man... Is there any other beers like that around?

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Coming in for the State Tournament. I love Dangerous Man... Is there any other beers like that around?

A few guys who used to work at Dangerous Man went on to form Modist brewing (who have excellent beer). It’s downtown Minneapolis (near target field).

Tin Whiskers and Bad Weather are also right near the X though and are also great.

Reactions: Burn

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
A few guys who used to work at Dangerous Man went on to form Modist brewing (who have excellent beer). It’s downtown Minneapolis (near target field).

Tin Whiskers and Bad Weather are also right near the X though and are also great.

These are good recs as well, huge fan of Bad Weather and a real easy walk from the X.

There is a new one (December open) in the Treasure Island building where the Wild practice called, Stacked Deck Brewing on Cedar St. between 6th and 7th. It's your closest bet but when I went, they were still new and figuring it out beer wise with their Co2 and regulation. GREAT space though. Worth a peak in as their reviews are getting better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->