OT: Whatcha Drinkin' Part II: The Sequel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
So this just happened...

Left to Right:
• PseudoSue - Toppling Goliath (APA, 5.8%)
• PseudoSue - Toppling Goliath (APA, 5.8%)
• 90 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head (Imperial IPA, 9.0%)
• Rosabi - Dogfish Head (APA, 8.0%)
• 60 Minute IPA - Dogfish Head (IPA, 6.0%) x2

It shall be a good weekend...

So PseudoSue is a single hop APA brewed with Citra? Citra seems to work really well as a single hop as I just recently tasted... Citra, by Oakham Ales, an English take on APA. Very sessionable, 4.6% ABV. Enjoyed it very much, amazingly complex fruity hoppy notes for only one hop variety.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Ameriikan_ale.jpg

Bought a few of these.

Really tasty and pretty cheap too. Just 2€ a can in supermarkets. Highly recommend. If you like ales in general, you'll love these.

Last edited:

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Ameriikan_ale.jpg

Bought a few of these.

Really tasty and pretty cheap too. Just 2€ a can in supermarkets. Highly recommend. If you like ales in general, you'll love these.

So...Ah, what would you liken this too? Is it essentially a Pale Ale?

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Not my picture, found it from Google. But yes, it's definitely interesting.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Tulip shaped glasses are actually supposed to be a lot better for beer drinking than the usual.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I only drink beer from fancy glasses because it makes me feel fancy.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
It's a Spiegelau IPA glass. Designed in collaboration with Sierra Nevada and Dogfish Head. Couple of my friends own these, have tried different beers from it and it definitely enhances the aroma and taste. Especially IPAs and other well hopped styles. It also preserves the head nicely. Only problem, I think it's pretty... fugly, to be honest :laugh:

Still, definitely buying a pair for myself. Can recommend.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Got a couple sets of beer drinking glasses for my birthday recently.

Currently drinking iced tea from the goblet-shaped cup because it makes me feel like a badass.

Haven't tried out the mug (far left) yet... Reminds me of Harry Potter or something.

truebeer-glass-set-6.jpg

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
My general rule for glassware is that if it's under 8%, pint glass. Over, tulip it is. I really know what's the acceptable practice though. It's just generally what I do at home...

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Tried a Dark IPA by Pyynikin Käsityöläispanimo yesterday. So freaking tasty. One of the best beers I've had.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Tried a Dark IPA by Pyynikin Käsityöläispanimo yesterday. So freaking tasty. One of the best beers I've had.

Herwood Black IPA? Can't find any other dark IPAs from them. That one sounds delicious, at least.

Have you tried their Vahvaportteri? It was just chosen world's best craft porter in Berlin Global Craft Beer Festival. It's definitely on my must-taste list.

lsIBT.jpg

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yes, it was Herwood Black! Couldn't remember the name at first.

That one I haven't tried, I definitely should. Have you tried Siperia stout by Plevna? It has a really peculiar taste, it's pretty strong (8%), but it was really good. If you ever visit Tampere, they have ot on tap in their restaurant.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Yes, it was Herwood Black! Couldn't remember the name at first.

That one I haven't tried, I definitely should. Have you tried Siperia stout by Plevna? It has a really peculiar taste, it's pretty strong (8%), but it was really good. If you ever visit Tampere, they have ot on tap in their restaurant.

Actually I'm not entirely sure if I tried Siperia stout at Kaisla in Helsinki years back. I faintly remember trying a strong Finnish stout there and the name rings a bell. Hazy memories :laugh:

I'll try it again for sure though. Also, next time I go to Tampere I won't miss Plevna, the beers I've tried from them have been usually very good.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Plevna is a wonderful place. Good food, amazing beer.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Is it true you can only buy beer from liquor store or bar in Minnesota?

No, they have liquor in other stores. I believe there's a law that forces them to reduce the ABV, though.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
All alcohol that's available to buy in stores like Target and Cub is all 3/2 - unless the grocery stores have their own separate store for liquor, like Cub Liquor and Sam's Club Liquor stores. There's a lot of messed up laws regarding booze here in MN. Antiquated.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
No, they have liquor in other stores. I believe there's a law that forces them to reduce the ABV, though.

All alcohol that's available to buy in stores like Target and Cub is all 3/2 - unless the grocery stores have their own separate store for liquor, like Cub Liquor and Sam's Club Liquor stores. There's a lot of messed up laws regarding booze here in MN. Antiquated.

What's "3/2"? It sounds like us Finns and other Nordics brought the antiquated-alcohol-laws part of our culture there too... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad