OT: Whatcha dreamin'

Swag Surf Aho

Find Your Own Style
Jul 2, 2011
Raleigh, NC
A couple nights ago, I vaguely remember Jason Spezza saying something funny.

From what I recall, there was some sort of player meeting amongst the league, where they were discussing the intelligence or lack thereof of hockey players.

Spezza had the floor and proceeds to "look up" "intelligence" in the dictionary but fails to do so on purpose when he starts looking up different words that DON'T start with "I".

He also saves face from his geeky laugh right before that.

What about yall? Are your dreams as random as this?

(Hockey-related only please).

Last edited:
Reactions: Unsustainable

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Last night I dreamed that the Canes were playing an exhibition against Montreal. The Habs went on the powerplay, and for fun, Subban went into net -- and then after a clearance, skated the puck all the way up the ice in full goalie gear and roofed one with his big-ass goal stick.

And then no one would believe me that it happened.

What does it mean, Doc?

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
i have a recurring hockey dream where we're playing the islanders at home and i'm sitting in the upper bowl and larose scores on dipietro.

no idea why.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Y'all probs won't read this but I'll post anyway.

I just dreamed about flying to an unknown location with a few friends. The airport dropped us off in one of those higher end shopping areas. Something I picked up on was the workers of the booths were the flight attendants. After a while, we went to a sketchy house in the middle of nowhere. On one side, it was surrounded by crop land, the other swamps. The house was huge but also quiet. We ended up looking out a two story window and saw a girl in a house adjacent to us typing away on a computer. We decided to call it a night and go to sleep.

When we woke up, everything has gone to ****. The sky had turned a murky orange, the house was torn up on the inside and outside, and there were things out there. I hesitate to call them zombies but they were close that's the best way I can describe it. But one of my friends was gone. And that same lady was still just typing away on her computer. At this point things sped up a little. We were searching all through the house for the friend. We couldn't find him. We looked out one of the windows and remarked out how many things were out there. Then we noticed the building had been compromised. A few of them were in the house. Then suddenly, a group of dudes came out of the swampy area and said they were after us. So we booked it.

We ran through the swampy area so damn fast. I was swinging like Tarzan through the vines. Finally we came up on a stream. The bad guys were close behind. We got in and just swam. I guess we figured we would be better off swimming than going in the swamp. And we swam. And we swam. The stream was very narrow so my friend was in front, I was behind, and one of the guys chasing us was a good 20 feet behind. He kept talking about how remarkable it was that he still hadn't caught us. At that point I realized he was after my friend and not me. He even told us that we had been swimming for 8km. Then we got to the next place, a damn water park. We literally swam off into a conveyer belt which dropped us off into a moving attraction. No one else was there. It was pitch black and lit by green lights. We just went around and around continually being dunked off into a new ride. We never got caught.

Suddenly, I was back in the airport shop again. I saw the same flight attendants. I was hit by a few random facts like the owner of the house was a prominent lady who had just died and one of the guys chasing me was staring. right. at. me. And my friends were still there.

So, first off, craziest most vivid dream I've had. Second off, was that a dream within a dream? ****ing insane dream either way. 10/10

TL;DR Airport, spooky house, zombies, chase, water park, questions

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I had a dream last night in which three front office people from the Nashville Predators (nobody specific, just three random guys) came to my house. They were re-branding the team --- jersey, logo, name, everything. The jersey was supposed to be orange, but I have no idea what exactly the logo was supposed to be; they never showed it to me. We were just having a casual chat then I started trying to spout off potential team names because I wanted to be cool like that.

Then one of the guys showed me some analytics software he was using that was really bizarre and terminated lines of code using commas rather than semicolons.

All in all, it was a bizarre dream.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
I had a dream about my ex-girlfriend last night. We were riding a bus to Denver, but I didn't pack anything and realized that I wasn't supposed to be going. She didn't look at me the whole time.

0/10 would drink again to kill brain cells and purge my memories

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Had a dream last night that I sneezed so hard I broke my collarbone (again).

Luckily there wasn't any pain to go along with it, but those of you who have broken your clavicle (or ribs, anything in your torso, really) know how much sneezing sucks in the aftermath of that.

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
Section 308
I dreamed last night that the Hurricanes traded Eric Staal to Ottawa for Codi Ceci. GMRF said "Coach Bill is thrilled we got that top pair defenseman to play with Justin Faulk."

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I had a dream in which I was at a Foo Fighters concert, and the dream started as they were inviting a special musical guest on for the encore. To my surprise, they invited special guest drummer Arturs Irbe on stage to play with them. Then Dave Grohl moved over to a second drum kit (because why not?), Taylor Hawkins picked up a guitar, Chris Shiflett switched to bass, and Nate Mendel was on vocals. Pat Smear ceased to exist. The song? Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher".

Somebody provide #analysis and tell me what this means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->