GDT: What? Your New Jersey Devils @ Vegas Golden Knights, What? 4 PM, MSG+, What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'll take back goal 3. It's Pacioretty's, so I can't nail Keith on that one.

Goal 1 was bad, even with the awful turnover by Zacha and goal 2 he tried to sell goalie interference. I nailed Price on a goal like that not too long ago, where he tried to sell goalie interference.

palek1019

Oct 7, 2017
Man, that second period was a bummer. Effort definitely picked up in the third. Not enough, though Subban made saves.

Despite the outcome, it's great seeing Nico doing well without Hall. That top line kept making things happen.

Vegas arena is loads of fun. Nice fans, despite my obnoxious yelling.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Palmieri in that shooting spot at the top of the circle on the PP makes me cringe. He's not creative enough to run a PP - you know he's going to just shoot it and score every 10th try.

I don't understand why he isn't slotted on his off-wing in the shooting spot. Just have Butcher/Nico feed him one-timers.

Because our coaching staff is dumb and doesnt get it.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I think the devils should try to employ a goalie by committee system. Maybe play goalies by periods. Carry 4 goalies instead of dudes who just ride the bench. Almost what Tampa is doing with relievers in the mlb.

Reactions: nugg

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
I watch football but checked the score of the Devils game. I spot read the game thread. IMO, you many of you are blaming the goalie situation for where the Devils stand. Let me remind you it is a team sport. The defense and offense are weak because of the GM and the owners during this past offseason, that my opinion. This team has breakdowns everywhere and present players can't step up to offset.

Reactions: MartyOwns

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
I watch football but checked the score of the Devils game. I spot read the game thread. IMO, you many of you are blaming the goalie situation for where the Devils stand. Let me remind you it is a team sport. The defense and offense are weak because of the GM and the owners during this past offseason, that my opinion. This team has breakdowns everywhere and present players can't step up to offset.

With a good goalie performance it would have been tied but just didn’t happen, with a good power play performance it also would have been tied. Devils had their opportunities but didn’t convert after the second goal.

Reactions: Maine Fan

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia
With a good goalie performance it would have been tied but just didn’t happen, with a good power play performance it also would have been tied. Devils had their opportunities but didn’t convert after the second goal.

Pretty funny how Blackwood was making saves that Kinkaid wasn't and can't....what Blackwood was doing post to post we haven't seen in ages...since Marty

Kinakid is a backup who needs to play here and there..30 games and thats it.....Devils need a #1 goalie and I pray that Blackwood is the guy like others pray because it seems Cory is shot. If blackwood isn't, then we have problems but under no circumstances should Keith Kinkaid nor is he a #1 or 1B goaltender. He's good in spurts and thats it.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
I think the devils should try to employ a goalie by committee system. Maybe play goalies by periods. Carry 4 goalies instead of dudes who just ride the bench. Almost what Tampa is doing with relievers in the mlb.

Starter, reliever, and a closer. Seems to work in baseball. Each goalie can bust their balls for 1 period and leave it all out there on the ice.

If we could have 3 head coaches at one point we can have 3 goalies too!!!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The 6-4 at the end was too slow and not one threatening shot got off

Our biggest problems today were turnovers and failed clears

Where have you heard that before?

Kink let in two softys in the 2nd too.

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
2 powerplay to end the game and we did jackshit. Absolutely nothing. The umbrella set up is garbage when 99% of the time, you have no one timer option.

They did it at the end of the game when they place Nico and Palms on their off wings, but Nico can't really one time a puck. They put a lot of pressure on Palms side because he's the only one capable of shooting from that far. I feel like having Nico and Bratt on the same unit is redundant on the PP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->