Proposal: What would your team offer for these Penguin players?

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
:laugh:

Dude when was the last time you saw McCarron play? He has 0 value and will be free on waivers next year
He's been out for most of the year so no one has really seen him play. Evans+3rd is my best offer for Hornqvist or I happily pass. He's a good player and instantly slots on top line RW but merely good at 32 doesnt warrant top prospects.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
He's been out for most of the year so no one has really seen him play. Evans+3rd is my best offer for Hornqvist or I happily pass. He's a good player and instantly slots on top line RW but merely good at 32 doesnt warrant top prospects.

Evans is a good starting piece, maybe the Habs need to add a 2nd or 3rd

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
Bean + Faulk for Kessel works for me. Although if I'm being honest I'd give Faulk away for free to any taker. He's been ruining the #1PP all year and Rod refuses to switch him out.
I think that’s a deal both sides could get behind. Faulk is a good puck mover and we wouldn’t have to have him on the PP with Letang and Schultz on the team. Bean has been progressing really well and could likely slot into our top 4 next season when we move out Maatta and Johnson.

Dumoulin-Letang
Bean-Schultz
?- Faulk

I think that solves our D problems from this season.

And adding Kessel to this Canes team without really taking from their current D would be dangerous.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I feel there are a number of Penguins players that need/should be traded. Instead of making a bunch of threads I think it’s better to put them all in here. Only putting players with value, obviously Johnson is bad and Cullen needs to retire but no one wants them.

Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad
Olli Maatta

Team needs:

Speed on defense
Grit in the bottom 6
Youth/Draft picks
3C that is good on draws and PK

There was a thread the other day I liked about Kessel to AZ for 14th OA + Fischer, so let’s start with that as the offer to beat.
I'd offer a little bit for Bjugstad in terms of picks, nothing for Maata, and the others wouldn't waive their no trade/no move clauses to come to Edmonton, although I might part with our 1st if it could get us Kessel. We'd need to dump salary somewhere though.

Well thats funny, Nick Bjustad is a 3C who is good on the draws and PK, and is probably one of the few who is good on the boards.

Given his size, you'd think he would be good along the boards, but he's not.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
i don't see any reason to move Bjugstad, especially for what other posters want to offer.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Wait, you think Hornqvist knocks Gallagher off the top line? I'm not convinced he knocks Shaw off the 2nd line.

:laugh:

Dude when was the last time you saw McCarron play? He has 0 value and will be free on waivers next year

I mean, you wouldn't expect a team that already has two hard nose RWers that had better seasons than Hornqvist to offer much of value for Hornqvist.

Last edited:

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Wait, you think Hornqvist knocks Gallagher off the top line? I'm not convinced he knocks Shaw off the 2nd line.

I mean, you wouldn't expect a team that already has two hard nose RWers that had better seasons than Hornqvist to offer much of value for Hornqvist.

Interest will definitely be there for Hornqvist, Montreal or not.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I'm tired of hearing the Brandon Sutter stuff, so I'm returning it tenfold with another absurd proposition
A pens fan wanted a defensive 3rd line center and I offered one...you escalated it big time by saying Pettersson has to be included to take on Sutter. Absolutely absurd. Ridiculous post.

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
download.jpeg

My offer is this:
Nothing.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
As an oiler fan I'd like kessel. I've always liked his game. But his salary his too high to take on and the oilers couldn't give up what would be asked most likely.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
But apparently he was “bad in the room” as an 18 yr old rookie who was rushed into the league, I for one am shocked he matured. ‍♂️ Someone please fire Jim Benning.
Nope. He's been very good for us and will be part of the youth we need who can contribute going forward.

Reactions: Riptide

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
A pens fan wanted a defensive 3rd line center and I offered one...you escalated it big time by saying Pettersson has to be included to take on Sutter. Absolutely absurd. Ridiculous post.

I'd take a pile of warm dog shit and pay it 2m a year and make it take up a roster spot before I'd willingly dress Sutter (even if he was free).

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
I'd take a pile of warm dog **** and pay it 2m a year and make it take up a roster spot before I'd willingly dress Sutter (even if he was free).
Sutter is not that bad. Yes he has a bad contract but he’s still a solid 3rd like defensive center. If he wasn’t blocking Gaudette, I’d be happy to keep him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->