Proposal: What would your team offer for these Penguin players?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
My god I love these types of posts.

“I’d offer picks or prospects except every single one of our prospects with even a shred of value”

What exactly do you think is a fair offer for him then?
I'd offer any draft pick that makes sense, I have no idea what his actual value would be though so I was hoping for a Pens fans input. Also we have a lot of prospects other than those guys with at least a "shred" of value.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I’m not very familiar with the leafs prospect pool, or what you would consider available roster players. But I would definitely be open to the idea of shipping him to Toronto.

Is Dermott available?

Not for Bjugstad probably. Dermott needs to fill a top 4 role next season with Hainsey and Gardiner gone. I'd probably lean more the draft pick route although I'm not sure what you'd need to make it happen.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
OP -- polite thanks but no thanks IMO as far as NYR go.
only conceivable fit I see MAYBE we'd have interest in Schultz cause we need RD, and it's not clearly apparent what would be mutually agreeable currency.

What? Why? Might have struggled this season but there really aren't a lot of players with his skill set, net front presence, and agitator mentality.
I mean, if NYR was a contender I would gladly take him.
nope, imo.

And if he's traded, we'd still need a 3c from somewhere. And after the struggles JR has had finding one the past 2 seasons, odds are he's not trading the guy he just got who's been good and who's under contract for a few more seasons.
Namest. 4.0 expiring
depending on what the return is, can eat up to half

looking for a little somethin somethin with the main idea being to move excess vet F to create mins for younger Fs.

Any interest?

molon labe

Jul 13, 2016
Florida
Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad Bryan Rust
Olli Maatta

There was a thread the other day I liked about Kessel to AZ for 14th OA + Fischer, so let’s start with that as the offer to beat.

Fixed.

Pains me to say it - but if we're only naming players who are both available AND return assets - this is probably the list. I love Hornqvist and Bryan Rust, but the team needs a shakeup from A) Management, B) Players, and C) Assistant Coaching staff

Reactions: domaug

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
I don't think any of those guys brings back anything special tbh. If Pit can get any value out of them it'd be a big win.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
For me it's not the contract but the style of play he plays. He's not what I'd be looking for as a 3c. And I certainly wouldn't be replacing Bjugstad with him.

while I consider multiple sources in getting a handle on the Pens, your opinions are usually more reliable and informative in my opinion,

So thanks, this was constructive.
Feel free to expand if you wish.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
#21 Overall + Janne Kuokkanen + Roland McKeown for Kessel
if the Pens wanted to rebuild instead of retool, this is a solid start for a Kessel offer that would have to be massaged.

however, i would guess the Pens would focus on "hockey trades" for their biggest available assets, and in that regard, i don't see how Kessel is movable unless it's to a team with excess ready pieces that's in need of an elite winger.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
#21 Overall + Janne Kuokkanen + Roland McKeown for Kessel
I think Kessel could really help the Canes. And Pitt needs defense and the canes have a log jam so there could be a deal here.

How about Bean + Faulk for Kessel + ?

That still leaves the Canes with Slavin/Hamilton/CDH/Pecce/Fleury/TVR/Fox

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I think Kessel could really help the Canes. And Pitt needs defense and the canes have a log jam so there could be a deal here.

How about Bean + Faulk for Kessel + ?

That still leaves the Canes with Slavin/Hamilton/CDH/Pecce/Fleury/TVR/Fox

Bean + Faulk for Kessel works for me. Although if I'm being honest I'd give Faulk away for free to any taker. He's been ruining the #1PP all year and Rod refuses to switch him out.

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
Bjugstad does not kill penalties well. He was also below 50% on draws this year. He’s not a bad player I just think JR simply targeted the wrong type of player for our 3C. When we had success as a team we had an excellent PKer and defensively sound center at that spot (Staal, Bonino).

In all likelihood he may not get dealt this summer since JR just brought him on, but I don’t like him at that spot for us.
Want Sutter back?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad