Proposal: What would your team offer for these Penguin players?

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
I feel there are a number of Penguins players that need/should be traded. Instead of making a bunch of threads I think it’s better to put them all in here. Only putting players with value, obviously Johnson is bad and Cullen needs to retire but no one wants them.

Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad
Olli Maatta

Team needs:

Speed on defense
Grit in the bottom 6
Youth/Draft picks
3C that is good on draws and PK

There was a thread the other day I liked about Kessel to AZ for 14th OA + Fischer, so let’s start with that as the offer to beat.

cwede

Sep 1, 2010
i expect both Hornqvist, Bjugstad to return to PP
the other guys could return some nice assets

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I feel there are a number of Penguins players that need/should be traded. Instead of making a bunch of threads I think it’s better to put them all in here. Only putting players with value, obviously Johnson is bad and Cullen needs to retire but no one wants them.

Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad
Olli Maatta

Team needs:

Speed on defense
Grit in the bottom 6
Youth/Draft picks

There was a thread the other day I liked about Kessel to AZ for 14th OA + Fischer, so let’s start with that as the offer to beat.
Bjugstad for Spooner+Sautner

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
I'd like to get Bjugstad on the Leafs, Marleau would have to vanish 1st though.

Would give us a lot of flexibility. Could use Kadri or Bjugstad on the wing at times.

I'd offer picks or prospects whatever mix you want that doesn't include: Sandin/Liljegren/Bracco/Scott/Woll.

slybel

Jan 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario

Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad
Olli Maatta

Team needs:

Speed on defense
Grit in the bottom 6
Youth/Draft picks

3C that is good on draws and PK... If we get the miracle to sign Duchene.... they can take Danault from us!

Habs also has tons of Bottom Forwards... lol!

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
And why are we trading Bjugstad?
Bjugstad does not kill penalties well. He was also below 50% on draws this year. He’s not a bad player I just think JR simply targeted the wrong type of player for our 3C. When we had success as a team we had an excellent PKer and defensively sound center at that spot (Staal, Bonino).

In all likelihood he may not get dealt this summer since JR just brought him on, but I don’t like him at that spot for us.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015

Would give us a lot of flexibility. Could use Kadri or Bjugstad on the wing at times.

I'd offer picks or prospects whatever mix you want that doesn't include: Sandin/Liljegren/Bracco/Scott/Woll.
I’m not very familiar with the leafs prospect pool, or what you would consider available roster players. But I would definitely be open to the idea of shipping him to Toronto.

Is Dermott available?

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
I could see us holding on to them as well, but from a fans point of view I think it’s time Hornqvist moves on.

What? Why? Might have struggled this season but there really aren't a lot of players with his skill set, net front presence, and agitator mentality.

I mean, if NYR was a contender I would gladly take him.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
What? Why? Might have struggled this season but there really aren't a lot of players with his skill set, net front presence, and agitator mentality.

I mean, if NYR was a contender I would gladly take him.

Probably because he's 32, has a full NTC and has a lot of wear and tear.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Bjugstad does not kill penalties well. He was also below 50% on draws this year. He’s not a bad player I just think JR simply targeted the wrong type of player for our 3C. When we had success as a team we had an excellent PKer and defensively sound center at that spot (Staal, Bonino).

In all likelihood he may not get dealt this summer since JR just brought him on, but I don’t like him at that spot for us.

And if he's traded, we'd still need a 3c from somewhere. And after the struggles JR has had finding one the past 2 seasons, odds are he's not trading the guy he just got who's been good and who's under contract for a few more seasons.

Toby Flenderson

Jun 4, 2015
And if he's traded, we'd still need a 3c from somewhere. And after the struggles JR has had finding one the past 2 seasons, odds are he's not trading the guy he just got who's been good and who's under contract for a few more seasons.
I would argue it’s easier to find one in the off season. We had Brassard last off season so he wasn’t looking.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009

My god I love these types of posts.

“I’d offer picks or prospects except every single one of our prospects with even a shred of value”

What exactly do you think is a fair offer for him then?

Reactions: domaug

iFishyHD

Dec 27, 2010
Pittsburgh

Phil Kessel
Patric Hornqvist
Nick Bjugstad
Olli Maatta

Team needs:

Speed on defense
Grit in the bottom 6
Youth/Draft picks

Well thats funny, Nick Bjustad is a 3C who is good on the draws and PK, and is probably one of the few who is good on the boards.

Reactions: Trade

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->