Tribute What would your all time Wild team look like?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Yet the difference was also as great as 10 of them... TWICE.

Also, pretty sure the 200 minutes can be explained by the fact the Granlund spent time regularly on the PK, something PMB didn't do.
The difference is a total of 9 primary assists over the 3 years analyzed.

If you're just going to make shit up, there isn't much point in continuing the conversation.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The difference is a total of 9 primary assists over the 3 years analyzed.

If you're just going to make shit up, there isn't much point in continuing the conversation.
Yes, because averages work that way... but within averages also comes a range. That range shows the difference as great as 10 in a season. That's not making anything up.

We're only talking about 4 seasons, so of course the sample size is going to be small and the differences aren't going to be great.

Ultimately both had short tenures and their being in the discussion is more a slap on the franchise than anything else, but the difference is there. One player was a perimeter player that limited himself, the other was a player that attacked the percentage areas that was getting the most out of his ability.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
PMB was my first Jersey when the Christmas jersey came out, haha. It is probably due to recency bias with Granlund and getting to a point where PMB made me mad because during his last last two years, he would be afraid to go into the zone with the puck. I can see the argument either way but stick with my choices, although the point about my lines for Rolston would switch Rolston with Granlund and Bruno with the center he scored well with while having Miettinen as the winger.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
PMB was my first Jersey when the Christmas jersey came out, haha. It is probably due to recency bias with Granlund and getting to a point where PMB made me mad because during his last last two years, he would be afraid to go into the zone with the puck. I can see the argument either way but stick with my choices, although the point about my lines for Rolston would switch Rolston with Granlund and Bruno with the center he scored well with while having Miettinen as the winger.
Either way, it comes back to my original point...

Rolston is in rare company on this team with 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons and should absolutely be on the team over Bouchard. Rolston should be one of the universal players that is on everyone's list at this time.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009

Rolston is in rare company on this team with 3 consecutive 30 goal seasons and should absolutely be on the team over Bouchard. Rolston should be one of the universal players that is on everyone's list at this time.
Wha? Rolston's first season with Wild he was an admitted rock star.

But he was terrible during his 3rd season (even with his 30 goals). Soft. So soft. Way softer than Bouchard. Never seen a guy so weak on puck. Worse than Turnover machine. Defensively bad. And frankly, he was lazy. He became the NHL version of that beer league player that just maxed his goals but was otherwise checked out. He would actually slow down so he didnt have to go into corners and fight for the puck! And he would act like he was just getting slower.

He started to decline in 2nd season, but that was they year Koivu broke out as his center, so it wasnt really noticed.

Bouchard on the other hand was on upward trajectory until he ended up in concussionville.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Bouchard on the other hand was on upward trajectory until he ended up in concussionville.
More like a plateau. The 3 years he was here was Rolston, he had 59pts, 57pts, 63pts. Pretty flat overall. He followed that up with 46pts in 71 games. Already on pace for only 53pts in 82 showing a drop of 10pts. Not really an upward trajectory. Then yes, concussions did him in from there.

Rolston had 79pts, 64pts, 59pts. Sure... downward trend, but he was 35yrs old when he left here... kind of expected... no?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia

I have Rolston on my list, so was just commenting on PMB, mostly because it brings back memories with me having his jersey. Was not refuting or arguing anything, just commenting =)

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->