Tribute What would your all time Kings team look like?

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
What would your all time Kings team look like?
Robitaille Gretzky Dionne
Palffy Kopitar Taylor
Simmer Goring Brown
Allison Nicholls Kurri

Visnovsky Doughty
Duchesne Blake
Coffey Robinson

Vachon
Quick

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Palffy-Gretzky-Dionne
Robitaille-Kopitar-Kurri
Nicholls-Goring-Taylor
Frolov-Allison-Brown

Mitchell-Doughty
Lubo-Blake
Coffey-Voynov

Quick
Bishop

MAJR

May 9, 2020
I'd take Sandstrom over Kurri (based on Kings career only, obviously) or Brown on the right side.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Trying to come up with an all time worst Kings lineup would be more interesting.

I thought it would be easy, but it gets challenging trying to pick the best of the worst. For example, just look at the history of shitty goaltending this team has had. So many options to choose from, but I think Dan Cloutier has to be the worst goalie this team has had. Just utter garbage.

Reactions: Stumbling Jack

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008
I thought it would be easy, but it gets challenging trying to pick the best of the worst. For example, just look at the history of shitty goaltending this team has had. So many options to choose from, but I think Dan Cloutier has to be the worst goalie this team has had. Just utter garbage.
DL didn't think so, didn't he have him stashed up at that luxurious Super 8 motel?

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
DL didn't think so, didn't he have him stashed up at that luxurious Super 8 motel?

That entire Cloutier saga from start to end was embarrassing. From acquiring him, then blindly giving him an extension, to having him switch to a more traditional helmet, then having him switch back to his old helmet, and then trying to force him off the team and his eventual buyout, which led to a lawsuit because Cloutier claimed he was injured.

That two-year run with Crawford were some of the worst seasons in franchise history.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
It is hard. Cloutier is my pick also.

For my all time worst King's line up, the goaltending duo is:
Cloutier
Hauser

Still thinking about the defensemen. Steve McKenna might be on the top pairing.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown

Cloutier
Hauser

McKenna’s career highlight was fighting McSorley twice in his NHL debut, and not looking bad in those scraps. Unfortunately, he looked like a giraffe on skates in every other fight he had.

Hauser was one of those one-game wonders in net. I think someone who left more of a lasting impression might be a worthier candidate, like Grant Fuhr and his embarrassing performance in LA. He showed more dedication to golfing than playing hockey here.

Jeremy Roenick should also be the #1 center in this lineup, with Anson Carter at RW and Kevin Stevens at LW.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Don't forget Zatkoff when he was here. Numbers almost as bad as Cloutier and on a team that was much better defensively.

I agree with Dancin Anson, was terrible when he was here. There are guys like Roman Vopat who were terrible and never lived up to the hype, but I think focusing on vets who sucked makes more sense when picking all time terribleness.

tws38

May 15, 2020
Robitaille Gretzky Kurri
Taylor Dionne Simmer
Deadmarsh Allison Palffy
Gaborik Kopitar Williams
Brown

Mitchell Doughty
Norstrom Blake
Murphy Coffey
Visnovsky

Quick
Vachon
Potvin

HookKing

Dec 12, 2008

Cloutier
Hauser

Indeed. He would have paired nicely with Denis Tsygurov.

Jungle Boy

Feb 12, 2003
Recife, Brazil
I’ve been a fan since 98-99 so I will make my LA Kings during this period.

Luc - Kopitar - Williams
Deadmarsh - Allison - Pallfy
Frolov - Carter - Gaborik
Clifford - Richards - Brown
Mitchell - Doughty
Norstrom - Blake
Visnovsky - Miller
Quick
Potvin

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
What would your all time Kings team look like?
Robitaille Gretzky Dionne
Palffy Kopitar Taylor
Simmer Goring Brown
Allison Nicholls Kurri

Visnovsky Doughty
Duchesne Blake
Coffey Robinson

Vachon
Quick
How about All-Time Kings team where players would have played the majority of their careers in LA...Triple Crown line,Kopi-Carts-Luc,J Widing-T Williams-B Nicholls,Goring-Brown/Frolov-M Murphy/Granato with Stoll in reserve. The defense...RD Doughty,Blake,Murdoch and Voynov.LD-Norstrom,Visnovsky,Hardy and Wells. With goaltenders R Vachon,J Quick and G Edwards! Note Gretz,Palffy,Sandstrom,Gaborik,L Murphy,J Williams,M Richards not on team as they played over 51% elsewhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad