Tribute What would your all time Devils team look like?

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
What would your all time Devils team look like?

Kovalchuk Elias McLean
Parise Arnott Shanahan
Andreychuk Muller Jagr
Hall Lemieux Mogilny

Niedermayer Stevens
Rafalski Daneyko
Driver Subban

Brodeur
Burke

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Elias-Arnott-Sykora
Parise-Hischier-Lemieux
Kovalchuk-Gomez-Muller
Hall-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Lovejoy-Lovejoy
Lovejoy-Lovejoy
Lovejoy-Lovejoy

Brodeur
Lovejoy
Lovejoy can play goalie but not forward?

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Elias-Arnot-Sykora - (intact for best line all time)
A. Broten-Muller-Verbeek (intact for the 2nd best line all time)
Richer-Gomez-Maclean
Lemiuex-Holik-Langenbrunner
Brylin-Madden-Gionta

Stevens - Niedermayer
Driver - Cirella
Daneyko - Rafalski
Greene - Albelin

Brodeur
Terreri

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
A follow up --- Favorite lines all time

Elias-Arnot-Sykora
A. Broten-Muller-Verbeek
Elias-Gomez-Gionta
Brylin-Gomez-Mogilny
Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner
Pandolfo-Madden-B.Gionta * Before Brylin took this RW spot Brian was there and they were awesome!
Peluso-Holik-McKay
Richer-Carpenter-Lemiuex -95 playoffs vs Boston particularly

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA

Elias-Arnot-Sykora
A. Broten-Muller-Verbeek
Elias-Gomez-Gionta
Brylin-Gomez-Mogilny
Pandolfo-Madden-B.Gionta * Before Brylin took this RW spot Brian was there and they were awesome!
Peluso-Holik-McKay

The obvious "A" and EGG lines aside, 2008-09 ZZPops was unbelievable. It's a damn shame how that season ended - that team was built for a long run.

Same with 2009-10 - started everyone in the season finale to clinch the division, but also to clinch a first-round matchup against the Flyers, who were the only team in the conference to give us fits that year. Lost summarily in 5 games.

Reactions: Darkauron

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Stealing my offseason thread, huh? :scared:

Well, without any of my usual shenanigan rules...

Elias (A) - Arnott - Sykora
Parise - Zajac - MacLean
Shanahan - Holik - Lemieux
Pandolfo - Madden (A) - Langenbrunner
Muller, McKay

Stevens (C) - Rafalski
Niedermayer - Daneyko
Driver - Greene
Albelin

Brodeur
Schneider

Beat that two-way play. Size, strength, speed, checking, grit, finesse.

Reactions: britdevil

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County

Elias-Arnot-Sykora
A. Broten-Muller-Verbeek
Elias-Gomez-Gionta
Brylin-Gomez-Mogilny
Peluso-Holik-McKay
You're forgetting quite possibly THE greatest line in Devils history...

Tedenby-Mills-Janssen

Reactions: mdj12784

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Elias-Arnot-Sykora
Broten-Muller-Mogilny
Parise-Zajac-Kovy
Hall-Hischier-Palms

Extra: John Hayden
Hockey fights Cancer: Switch anyone out for Brian Boyle

Nieds-Rafalski
Stevens-Lovejoy
Greene-Zidlicky
Vats

Brodeur

and
Schwab because of this:

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Elias (A)-Muller-Maclean
Parise-Zajac-Verbeek
Hall-Gomez-Gionta
Shanahan-Holik-Sykora

Extras: Madden, Langenbrunner, Palmieri

Stevens (C)-Rafalski
Niedermayer-Daneyko (A)
Greene-Driver

Extras: Severson, Albelin, White

Brodeur
Schenider

Extras: Burke, Terreri

Became a fan in the late 90s, so I'm pretty bad with the 80s and early 90s. I tried to put more emphasis on peak, which is why you see Hall and Parise so high. I had a tough time deciding between Sykora and Lengenbrunner for the 4RW spot. Langenbrunner beats Sykora in longevity and was pretty much a 50-65 point player here for nearly a decade, wheras Sykora had the better peak. I chose Petr because Langs pouted in his final two years, whereas Sykora had a pretty awesome swan song where he scored 21 goals (thank you, Elias!).

By the way, for a team that has been in NJ for nearly 40 years, how crappy are our centers? Obviously all of these guys were low-end 1Cs at various points, but no superstars. Hopefully in 10 years time, we can slot in Hughes and Hischier.

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Elias (A)-Muller-Maclean
Parise-Zajac-Verbeek
Hall-Gomez-Gionta
Shanahan-Holik-Sykora

Stevens (C)-Rafalski
Niedermayer-Daneyko (A)
Greene-Driver

Brodeur
Schenider

Became a fan in the late 90s, so I'm pretty bad with the 80s and early 90s. I tried to put more emphasis on peak, which is why you see Hall and Parise so high. I had a tough time deciding between Sykora and Lengenbrunner for the 4RW spot. Langenbrunner beats Sykora in longevity and was pretty much a 50-65 point player here for nearly a decade, wheras Sykora had the better peak. I chose Petr because Langs pouted in his final two years, whereas Sykora had a pretty awesome swan song where he scored 21 goals (thank you, Elias!).

By the way, for a team that has been in NJ for nearly 40 years, how crappy are our centers? Obviously all of these guys were low-end 1Cs at various points, but no superstars. Hopefully in 10 years time, we can slot in Hughes and Hischier.
Center has always been the all-time team weakness. We've never really had a superstar at that position.

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Elias (A)-Muller-Maclean
Parise-Zajac-Verbeek
Hall-Gomez-Gionta
Shanahan-Holik-Sykora

Stevens (C)-Rafalski
Niedermayer-Daneyko (A)
Greene-Driver

Brodeur
Schenider

Hall-Gomez would be awful, beautiful passes with no finish and Gionta doesn’t help. Switch him out with a prime David Clarkson and you should be crispy.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Not sure where to post this, but it’s something going through my mind while reading their names in this thread.

Hall and Kovalchuk have some similarities in their times as Devils. I figured they must have played almost an identical number of games as a Devil. Kovalchuk played 222 games as a Devil, Hall 211. Although Kovalchuk played 29 playoff games as a Devil, while Hall played 5.

Both were superstars and former first overall picks and we had both for such short times, but both had some achievements here.

Kovalchuk didn’t win any personal awards, but was a Conn Smythe candidate in the 2012 playoffs, while Hall won the Hart Trophy here. Both left on a bit of a sour note, although Kovalchuk’s much more sour.

We also paid relatively cheap to acquire them.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Not sure where to post this, but it’s something going through my mind while reading their names in this thread.

Hall and Kovalchuk have some similarities in their times as Devils. I figured they must have played almost an identical number of games as a Devil. Kovalchuk played 222 games as a Devil, Hall 211. Although Kovalchuk played 29 playoff games as a Devil, while Hall played 5.

Both were superstars and former first overall picks and we had both for such short times, but both had some achievements here.

Kovalchuk didn’t win any personal awards, but was a Conn Smythe candidate in the 2012 playoffs, while Hall won the Hart Trophy here. Both left on a bit of a sour note, although Kovalchuk’s much more sour.

We also paid relatively cheap to acquire them.
Hall is very good player. Kovalchuk, to me at least, was one of the most electrifying players to ever put on a Devils sweater. From a pure entertainment standpoint you can argue that we haven't had any forward who has made people get off their asses in excitement since him. I'll also admit I was a huge Kovalchuk fan and am a bit biased.

RSeen

Oct 26, 2011
Toronto
Hall is very good player. Kovalchuk, to me at least, was one of the most electrifying players to ever put on a Devils sweater. From a pure entertainment standpoint you can argue that we haven't had any forward who has made people get off their asses in excitement since him. I'll also admit I was a huge Kovalchuk fan and am a bit biased.
Have to disagree. Hall during his MVP season is the most exciting and dominant player this team has ever had. I'd put Kovy as #2.

Reactions: Hughes86Hischier13

Darkauron

Jul 14, 2011
South Jersey
I loved Hall and his MVP season was great, but any time Kovy stepped on to the ice it was always exciting even with a broken back.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I don't see Claude Lemieux on many list....but he is still currently #2 all time in Devil's playoff goal scoring Only behind Patrik Elias.

34 goals in 82 games... a little perspective; Elias had 45 goals in 162 playoff games...Claude is currently #7 all time in playoff scoring and #19 all time on the Devils points list. His 41 goals in 1991-92 is top 10 performance in Devil's history only 5 other Devil's scored more in a single season (Maclean 2 times and tied another).

That is meaningful to me. Claude should be on any all time Devil list from my perspective. And of course there is the Conn Smythe. But one of the things people forget was he was just as good if not better in the 94 playoffs as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Desert Devil

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
OK I'll stir the pot a little, all this talk about having "no centers" I built an entire team of centers !
unsung and forgotten !
G ADAMSA BROTENP STASTNY
P SUNDSTROMD GILMOURA SEMAK
C MILLENB NICHOLLSL BOSCHMAN
P YSEBAERTJ NIEUWENDYKP CONACHER
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
M JOHNSONB MORRISON
S SULLIVAND PEDERSON
D EMMAJ OJANEN
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

J DOWD
P RHEAUME