Tribute What would your all time Blue Jackets team look like?

Notabaguette

Mar 4, 2018
What would your all time Blue Jackets team look like?
Nash Johansen Panarin
Foligno Dubinsky Atkinson
Hartnell Dubois Vyborny
Whitney Fedorov Sanderson
Jones Werenski
Tyutin Savard
Klesla Foote
Bobrovsky
Denis

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
This is a quick, off the top answer. I'll need to revise as people post their lists and I think to myself "How TF did I forget so-and-so????" Also didn't pay much mind to LW vs RW.

Nash - Dubois - Atkinson
Whitney - Cassels - Vyborny
Voracek - Letestu - Calvert
Wright- Malhotra - Svitov
Shelley

Jones - Werenski
Hejda - Savard
Gavrikov - Tyutin

Tugnutt
LeClaire

EDIT: Some folks I left off but would have liked to include: Foligno, Bob, Panarin, Wescott, Sanderson, MacKenzie, Zherdev, Nikitin, Berard

EDIT2: Damn it, Malhotra. He's going in over Mac.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
This is a quick, off the top answer. I'll need to revise as people post their lists and I think to myself "How TF did I forget so-and-so????" Also didn't pay much mind to LW vs RW.

Nash - Dubois - Atkinson
Whitney - Cassels - Vyborny
Voracek - Letestu - Calvert
Wright- MacKenzie - Svitov
Shelley

Jones - Werenski
Hejda - Savard
Gavrikov - Tyutin

Tugnutt
LeClaire

EDIT: Some folks I left off but would have liked to include: Foligno, Bob, Panarin, Wescott, Sanderson

If it's all-time "team" then it could be a full roster, meaning you get healthy scratches etc. So that's space for some of them.

Reactions: Monk

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm working on mine but I'd be interested to know how people are approaching this. Your favorites? The 12/6/2 best players? The best players for specific roles?

I think they're all valid and I might do one of each... maybe.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Nash-Johansen-Atkinson
Panarin-Dubinsky-Whitney
Sanderson-Dubois-Vyborny
Foligno-Cassells-Calvert

Werenski-Jones
Tyutin-Savard
Richardson-Foote

Bobrovsky
Tugnutt

Pressbox: Anisimov, Umberger, Leclaire

The centers really show the weakness of this franchise throughout its young history. None of them (when they played here) were truly elite.

Last edited:

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I'm working on mine but I'd be interested to know how people are approaching this. Your favorites? The 12/6/2 best players? The best players for specific roles?

Mine is pretty much favorites over best. There's no way in hell I'd leave Panarin off if it was pure best, and it was tough leaving him off even from a favorite perspective.

EDIT: I almost just rebuilt that goat line since I so enjoyed that relatively brief CBJ phase, but ultimately couldn't justify putting Chimera in there.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Sorry, Anze Kopitar will always be that centerman on Nash’s top line. Screw DMGM.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Sorry, Anze Kopitar will always be that centerman on Nash’s top line. Screw DMGM.
That would have changed this franchise forever. Then again, the idiot that made that decision also decided to trade up to get Rick Nash.

Last edited:

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

I think they're all valid and I might do one of each... maybe.

Combo, though I leaned towards "best players while in a CBJ uniform."

One example - I included Calvert. He's almost certainly not one of the top 12 CBJ forwards, but can't deny his playoff winners and heart. Included him for pest/PK role in support of Dubinsky lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Double-Shift Lasse

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Nash-Johansen-Cam
Panarin-PLD-Zherdev
Sanderson-Brassard-Whitney
Foligno-Dubinsky-Vborny

Jones-Werenski
Tyutin-Savard
Klesla-Johnson

Bob
Tugnut

Voracek,Cassels,Methot

Major problem areas are.were C & D. That and not many of these guys lasted here for long and not many played together.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
My lists (I’m not differentiating LD vs RD, but will try to do LW vs RW):

Favorites (the lines/pairings are divided by position, in order of how much I liked them. So my first line is my favorite LW, C and RW. My 2nd line is my 2nd-favorite at each of those, etc.):

Calvert - Cassels - Atkinson
Nash - Letestu - Dineen
Foligno - Fedorov - Vyborny
Shelley - Andrew Murray - Wright

Additional thoughts: Wow, LW is absolutely loaded for me as far as “favorites” go. Couldn’t fit in guys like Prospal, Umberger, Jenner, Duclair (who might actually be my favorite, but since he only played 75% of a season here...), Hartnell, MacKenzie, Modin, Whitney, Huselius, Nyquist... Some of those guys would probably be on a list of my favorite 12 CBJ forwards, but since I’m dividing by position, too bad. Tough to leave off Bjorkstrand, Voracek, Boll, Peca, Dorsett and Malhotra, too, and some of the other early ones like Grant Marshall, Kevyn Adams, Steve Heinze, Bruce Gardiner (first ever goal!) Also have a weird soft spot for Sean Pronger and David Ling. :laugh:

Odelein-Savard
Jones-Gavrikov
Aucoin-Tyutin

Additional thoughts: Jack Johnson basically after his trade here through 2016-17 was very high on my favorite list. But his last season here coupled with his comments after leaving have left a sour taste in my mouth. Aucoin was only here a season but he was a great teammate. I think he had a pretty underrated impact on our long-term culture change. Leaving Wiz and Hejda off was tough.

Bobrovsky
Elvis

HM: Denis, Tugnutt

Best (unscientific combo of both peak and longevity. For example, I have Nash ahead of Panarin, though I think Panarin was the better player for us, because Nash did it here for a decade and they’re in the same ballpark of talent. Although Foligno has the longevity on Panarin, I think the gap between the two in skill is large enough that Panarin is still ahead of Nick for me.

Again, forwards are split by position [a few of the honorable mention LWs might be better otherwise than a few of the Cs/RWs.] The lines/pairings are simply in order of who I thought was best, not sorted by a hypothetical “line chemistry” if they played together).

Nash - Dubois - Atkinson
Panarin - Johansen - Vyborny
Foligno - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Whitney - Knutsen - Bjorkstrand

HM: Umberger, Vermette, Calvert, Hartnell, Prospal, Jenner, Anderson, Brassard, Cassels, Malhotra, Huselius, Fedorov, Sanderson

Jones - Savard
Tyutin - Z
Hejda - Johnson

HM: Methot, Klesla, Wiz, Ryan Murray

Bobrovsky
Denis

HM: Korpisalo, Mason, Leclaire

The funny/sad thing is, if you took that roster (with all of them in their “CBJ primes”) and threw it into today’s NHL, I think they’d be the favorite to win the Presidents Trophy, but it’s not like it’s highly likely or even probable (i.e., above 50% chance) they would. Which is pretty sad for a “best of” team of 20 years.

Edited to add some other early CBJ throwbacks to my “favorites” list, and to add Sanderson to my “best” honorable mention (he should definitely be in the discussion, though I wouldn’t put him above any of my 4 LWs I currently have).

Last edited:

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Panarin - Dubois - CAM
Nash - Johansen - Zherdev
Whitney - Knutsen - Vybes
Sanderson - Dubi - Foligno

Anyone else note how deep we are at LW vs C/RW? Hence reason I moved Foligno to RW.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
Panarin - Dubois - CAM
Nash - Johansen - Zherdev
Whitney - Knutsen - Vybes
Sanderson - Dubi - Foligno

Anyone else note how deep we are at LW vs C/RW? Hence reason I moved Foligno to RW.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Follow up here - is this all-time team based on the player's contributions/performance in a CBJ uniform or just the best players who happened to play at least one game for the Blue Jackets? Because one would look quite different from the other.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
As far as performance goes:

Nash - Johansen - Atkinson
Panarin - Knutsen - Whitney
Vyborny - Dubinsky - Wright
Foligno - Malhotra- Calvert
Anisimov, Umberger

Werenski - Jones
Tyutin - Savard
Johnson - Hejda
Klesla

Bobrovsky
Tugnutt

HM just missed the cut: Sanderson, Dubois, Zherdev, Wisniewski, Jenner, Brassard, Huselius, Mason

Reactions: Viqsi

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad