What would you offer for Domi

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
If hockey players were stocks, Max Domi would definitely be a "buy". I think he has waayyy more potential than his past two seasons show, and he was born in Winnipeg to boot! I think he can be signed inexpensively and obtained inexpensively (relatively) as well.

We're already pretty strong at left wing, but how versatile is Domi? Can he play centre or right wing? On another team, I think he can be a big star in this league.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
Does Arizona need a goalie? Can we try and unload Mason here?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The only way I would pursue Domi, is if I was sure he could be our future 2C.

I would offer Perrault a prospect and pick at most.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
better served as a W than C from what i understand from yotes fans. Doubt they move him tbh. Showed good chemistry with Strome towards the end of the year, would have to be a clear overpayment with young players, not guys who are year away from UFA (Myers) or injury prone 30 YO middle 6ers (Perreault)

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
45% on draws and can’t play on the PK.

Not sure he’s a guy I want at 2C.

Good rookie season but steady decline (albeit on a bad team) since then.
Hence, like a stock that you expect to rebound, you buy low at a more affordable price.

He's only played three seasons, and had a great rookie campaign and was a superstar in junior. I think he was expected to carry way to much of the load in Arizona. In Winnipeg, he'd be allowed to develop as the pressure would fall to about a half dozen already established offensive players.

Another thread asked who the next William Karlsson would be... just sayin'.

Reactions: ocdaddy

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I like Max Domi, but I want him to play for the Leafs, I don't see where he fits on the Jets. That's a lie, I could see him playing along the wing with Scheifele and Wheeler, but Connor/Laine/Ehlers has that position of 1LW over Domi, and he'd probably be moved to the third line if he were here. But in the big picture we have no room for him going forward.

But if we were to trade for him I would offer, Perreault, De Leo, Petan and 2nd 2018.

Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Roslovic-Ehlers
Domi-Little-Armia
Lowry-Copp-Tanev

I'm pretending Stastny signs as a UFA with Colorado.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
If hockey players were stocks, Max Domi would definitely be a "buy". I think he has waayyy more potential than his past two seasons show, and he was born in Winnipeg to boot! I think he can be signed inexpensively and obtained inexpensively (relatively) as well.

We're already pretty strong at left wing, but how versatile is Domi? Can he play centre or right wing? On another team, I think he can be a big star in this league.

Neither wing figures in this for us. If he can't be 2C we have no reason to be interested. His place of birth is entirely irrelevant. It isn't like he grew up in the Peg but even then it wouldn't mean much.

If he can be 2C and we can get a good deal for him I'd be interested.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
Don’t need Domi we have an excess of wingers.

The Jets and Arizona don’t make good trade partners.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
Give them Perro or Dano for him and run.

Why would Arizona want Perreault (as great as he is)? He’s a veteran - Arizona is rebuilding and will want youth. Arizona isnt going to trade their young players to get older...

Dano is already on his third team and barely played for the Jets even in the face of multiple injuries - that’ll be telling to even the dimmest of GMs. He’s essentially in the “All things $1” bin now and will not get any sort of return.

Perreault + Dano doesn’t equal Domi - and I don’t even think Domi is particularly good. It’s just not a good fit for the Yotes.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
If Domi sucks at C, apparently he does, no interest in just another winger. If PMO thinks he can convert him into a C then I’m very interested.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

I'd offer the 2019 1st round pick and Myers for Domi and Arizona's 1st round pick this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad