What would you give up for the 3rd and 5th pick

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
4fp3m5.jpg

Try again.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So Ottawa guts their team selling their players at their lowest possible value then you want to trade the two most important pieces in the rebuild outside of Chabot and Tkachuk. This makes no sense, why post it?

I wouldn’t
As a sens fan I wouldnt either, glad we all agree. If the team started trading all of these young pieces after putting us through all this losing and gutting of the franchise I would not come back, period.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
So Ottawa guts their team selling their players at their lowest possible value then you want to trade the two most important pieces in the rebuild outside of Chabot and Tkachuk. This makes no sense, why post it?

As a sens fan I wouldnt either, glad we all agree. If the team started trading all of these young pieces after putting us through all this losing and gutting of the franchise I would not come back, period.

Ottawa has and will have a glut of prospects; they're going to need surefire NHL players. Tkachuk would be a fantastic target (for obvious reasons). I get that he's probably on Calgary's not for sale asset list, but if I was Dorion I would definitely ask for the price. If it's package a which includes 5th OA I would consider it.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
No chance Ottawa takes Marner. Have you seen the signing bonus money he’s going to make? Ottawa doesn’t do that. No way can it work.
except when you realize that the Leafs have paid him $30 M of the $65 M owed. it becomes a bit more palatable but still not quite what Melnyk is know for.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa has and will have a glut of prospects; they're going to need surefire NHL players. Tkachuk would be a fantastic target (for obvious reasons). I get that he's probably on Calgary's not for sale asset list, but if I was Dorion I would definitely ask for the price. If it's package a which includes 5th OA I would consider it.
Well we dont even know if these prospects are players yet, gotta give them a chance. Once these players start to develop the organization will have a much better idea of what the strenghts and weaknesses are. 5th OA addresses the teams need for another top pairing D man something that they desperately need. They have one top 4 d man as of right now, the rest are wild cards, they need someone that can for sure carry a pairing and we have a pretty good idea Drysdale and potentially Sanderson will be able to do that.

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Well we dont even know if these prospects are players yet, gotta give them a chance. Once these plaeyrs start to develop the organization will have a much better idea of what the strenghts and weaknesses are. 5th OA addresses the teams need for another top pairing D man something that they desperately need. They have one top 4 d man as of right now, the rest are wild cards, they need someone that can for sure carry a pairing and we have a pretty good idea Drysdale and potentially Sanderson will be able to do that.

Next draft is stacked at D; Ottawa will most likely pick top-10 again. We already got some guys that need to be looked at more closely as well (Lajoie, Jaros, Wolanin, Brannstrom) Not to mention JBD coming in soon.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Next draft is stacked at D; Ottawa will most likely pick top-10 again. We already got some guys that need to be looked at more closely as well (Lajoie, Jaros, Wolanin, Brannstrom) Not to mention JBD coming in soon.
No guarantees they get one, next year. The sens cant miss on this pick, Drysdale is probalby the second safest player in the draft they should just take him at 5. There are tons of good fowards in this draft too, they have 5 picks between 28 and 59 just use those on high end guys and they will come out with atleast one extra really good one.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Dach & Turcotte
Kotkaniemi & Hayton
Heiskanen & Pettersson
Dubois & Joulevi
Strome & Hanifin
Draisaitl & Dal Colle
Drouin & Lindholm
Galchenyuk & Reilly
Huberdeau & Strome
Gudbranson & Niederreiter

Reactions: mattyboy

JAK

Non-registered User
Jul 10, 2010
With the recent rising of Loui Eriksson's interest in the league, I think it's a fair deal.

Loui Eriksson for the 3rd and 5th round picks.

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Nhl 20 says 25 2nd round picks equal the value....

Randomly picking draft year 2015 (strong draft, the McDavid-draft) and draft year 2010. (5 year timeline)

2015 -

Picks 3 & 5 ; Dylan Strome & Noah Hanifin
vs 25 2nd round picks;

Roope Hintz - Sebastian Aho - Christian Fischer
Jordan Greenway - AJ Greer - Mitchell Stephens
Daniel Sprong - Filip Chlapik - Paul Bittner
Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - Julius Nättinen - Jeremy Bracco
Yakov Trenin - Jansen Harkins - Kevin Stenlund

Brandon Carlo - Travis Dermott
Erik Cernak - Brendan Guhle
Rasmus Andersson - Vince Dunn
Jonas Siegenhalert - Oliver Kylington
Jeremy Lauzon

MacKenzie Blackwood

2010 -

Picks 3 & 5 ; Erik Gudbranson & Nino Niederreiter
vs 25 2nd round picks;

Jason Zucker - Johan Larsson - Tyler Toffoli
Oscar Lindberg - Ryan Spooner - Calle Järnkok
Devante Smith-Pelly - Christian Thomas - Tyler Pitlick
Connor Brickley - Brett Bulmer - Sebastian Wännström
Jared Knight - John McFarland - Petr Straka

Justin Faulk - Alex Petrovic
Stephen Johns - Jon Merrill
Patrik Nemeth - Martin Marincin
Justin Holl - Mark Alt

Calvin Pickard
Kent Simpson

NO WAY IM DOING IT IF I HAVE 25 2nd ROUND PICKS!

Edit.!!!!

Investigated this further and as it happens these randomly picked 2 drafts were actually better for the team 2nd round than many others!

2011 - Easily for team 2nds (Huberdeau & Strome vs Kucherov, Saad, Karlsson, etc etc)
2012 - Close call, but would actually take team 3&5 (Galchenyuk&Rielly over weak 2nd round)
2013 - Close call and I will give team 3&5 an edge between Drouin&Lindholm vs Jarry/Bertuzzi/Sanford/Compher etc..
2014 - Draisaitl wins this one alone for the team 3&5, over Demko/Dvorak/Montour etc.
2016 - Win for team 2nds. Hart/DeBrincat/Girard/Hronek etc over Dubois&Juolevi
2017 - team 3&5 wins easily with Heiskanen and Petterson over still unrpoven 2nd rounders.
2018-- not enough data.

So over the 8 drafts viewed its actually tied 4-4!

CORRECTED; VALUE IS EXACTLY RIGHT!! WAY TO GO NHL 20!!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad