What would you choose going into the playoffs? (D and goalie)

Going into the playoffs

• Great goalie and bad defence

• Average goalie and average defence

• Bad goalie and great defence

Results are only viewable after voting.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Cam Ward?
I would say that's closer to option B. Ward was a sub-.900 goalie in the regular season all the way up until 2009.

The reason I draw the distinction between a great goalie and a whatever goalie getting hot (like I did with the Murray example) is the salary cap.

Like, that's literally the whole basis of my views on goaltenders. If there were no cap, then obviously you want the best one possible. In a cap league, it's a position you can save on (pun intended) because more a lot more average ones win than great ones -- even if they're great during the tournament.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I would say that's closer to option B. Ward was a sub-.900 goalie in the regular season all the way up until 2009.

The reason I draw the distinction between a great goalie and a whatever goalie getting hot (like I did with the Murray example) is the salary cap.

Like, that's literally the whole basis of my views on goaltenders. If there were no cap, then obviously you want the best one possible. In a cap league, it's a position you can save on (pun intended) because more a lot more average ones win than great ones -- even if they're great during the tournament.

I agree.

Reactions: Machinehead

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Aside from the impossible task of defining a "Great" or "Bad" goalie, this thread underlines the importance of a Great Defence.

Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad