Speculation: What would it take for the Bruins to trade for AND sign Artemi Panarin?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Sounds as if Kekalainen would be willing to take futures and not necessarily a roster player would be needed if the right deal is out there.

88 million over 7 years.

12.5 million AAV for Artemi Panarin?

Kucherov's cap hit is only slated to be 9.5 starting next season. And Panarin is no Kucherov.

Any GM who gives him that is out of his mind. You can be darn sure it won't be the Bruins, heck they wouldn't even come close. Nor should they.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
88 million over 7 years.

Kucherov's cap hit is only slated to be 9.5 starting next season. And Panarin is no Kucherov.

Any GM who gives him that is out of his mind. You can be darn sure it won't be the Bruins, heck they wouldn't even come close. Nor should they.

Ya, if that's the cost no thanks.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i'd be down with panarin as a rental, if the brass wants to go all-in on this year. assume that's a 1st round pick +
very good prospect + good prospect. can you get him for 1st/cehlarik/JFK? that's more like 2 good prospects.
a heavy price for a rental, but usually star players aren't available as rentals.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Why are we assuming Columbus would want to deal him at all? They are fighting for a playoff spot just like we are and we basically have the same record. Any offer for their franchise player, in the middle of a playoff push, would have to be a ridiculous over payment to even get the conversation started.

No thanks. Moving on.....

Sign him over the summer, and keep your assets for another trade if you are dead set on getting him.

CBJ might indeed decide to go for it all - and they will have plenty of cap room next year if he leaves.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
i'd be down with panarin as a rental, if the brass wants to go all-in on this year. assume that's a 1st round pick +
very good prospect + good prospect. can you get him for 1st/cehlarik/JFK? that's more like 2 good prospects.
a heavy price for a rental, but usually star players aren't available as rentals.
Call me a pessimist but I don't think this team is good enough, even with Panarin. A team that's going for the wild card or #3 in the division shouldn't be going all in. Just my opinion.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
He's a great player and would be a huge pickup but I just don't see the fit. Might not even be intersted in signing here long-term, very doubtful he would just ink an extension right away if we moved for him. Salary would need to go the other way to afford him. Backes wood be ideal but nobody is gonna wanna take on that contract. So that means you'll need to move one of McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, etc.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
He's a great player and would be a huge pickup but I just don't see the fit. Might not even be intersted in signing here long-term, very doubtful he would just ink an extension right away if we moved for him. Salary would need to go the other way to afford him. Backes wood be ideal but nobody is gonna wanna take on that contract. So that means you'll need to move one of McAvoy, Krug, Carlo, etc.

you dont see the fit? this is a match made in rental heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
Bruins again are to far off to be moving a 1st rounder for a rental.
also close to bergeron turning 35, and krejci turning 34. the time is now. trade next years first next year as well if it means adding a player of panarin talent as a rental. we are destined for a retool in few years regardless.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Can we just continue our draft and develop program . This is absolutely ridiculous the names I'm hearing getting shipped out debrusk Carlo mcavoy . It's not about just this year but the next 2 to 3years. If we don't get cup this year bergy marchand and David k are still young enough for another a run next year . These players are franchise type. Gotta be careful.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
88 million over 7 years.

Kucherov gave TB a slight discount.

Panarin will no doubt get 10+ as a UFA.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
You're borrowing headaches.

Backes might cost a small piece to move but could be done.
Krug could easily be moved.
Chara may retire.
K. Miller could be moved.
John Moore could be moved.
Halak could be moved.
Heinen, Donato, Cehlarik, JFK, etc. haven't done anything yet to worry about how much they're going to demand and all are moveable.

McAvoy and Carlo will be due decent contracts but neither should break the bank this summer. $10M for the two combined?

Not saying I'd be jumping for joy if they traded a bunch for him and gave him $10M+ a season ... but they could fit him into the line-up without that much fuss.

I would jump for joy.

Marchand/Bergeron
Panarin/Pasta

That’s a HELL of a couple pairs on a very stacked defensive team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad