what would it take for Seattle to select Okposo

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
How about we just let them take something instead of trying to give away stuff to take Okposo and deal with the contract in other ways. Most teams ended up worse when they just handed them picks.

Reactions: steveoath

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Several things in this thread gave me a mild chuckle. Way to early to be looking at what we are doing in an expansion draft, not to mention that Okposo isn't someone I'm paying anyone to take. Okposo is someone you offer up to protect other assets, especially to an expansion team that will have cap room for that (incoming sarcasm) horrendous 6mil cap hit for 3 more years. But the stand out comment was the Tom Tageson protect on page 1. Mmmmm, that was choice and the only thing you need to know to understand why its too early to be talking about expansion drafts.

Cirris

Nov 10, 2006
Crackport
Sadly, i have a feeling it'll be a situation like Moulson was with Vegas. Where it'll be more imperative to give that team something substantial to keep them from taking certain players. Rather than them taking on a albatross contract.

I'm sure just like Vegas, Seattle with be more interested in picking players they think they can flip. Rather than picking players who contracts they'll have to eat. They can always overpay for a guy to get to the cap floor. Like the Sabres did when they signed Moulson in the first place.

I mean remember all those silly deal Vegas got, and they still poached some good talent after sweetheart deals were made. Like Alex Tuch from Minny.

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
Several things in this thread gave me a mild chuckle. Way to early to be looking at what we are doing in an expansion draft, not to mention that Okposo isn't someone I'm paying anyone to take. Okposo is someone you offer up to protect other assets, especially to an expansion team that will have cap room for that (incoming sarcasm) horrendous 6mil cap hit for 3 more years. But the stand out comment was the Tom Tageson protect on page 1. Mmmmm, that was choice and the only thing you need to know to understand why its too early to be talking about expansion drafts.
I doubt we'll even have to do anything like that. We should be able to protect everyone important.

Waterfowlist

Aug 9, 2012
Okposo will be fine throughout the life of his contract IMO. He is like Pommers. Already slow but effective because of the game he plays.

Is he overpaid? Yes. But such is life with UFA acquisitions.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I'm not overpaying to purge the contract. It's designed to be bought out in 2022. He's still reasonably productive.

He's gone from a 25 G, 60 pt guy to a 20 goal, 50 pt guy.

I'm sure down the line the contract will get worse. However, as we've seen from other teams, it's not impossible to get out of these.

Reactions: Rowley Birkin

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
I'm not overpaying to purge the contract. It's designed to be bought out in 2022. He's still reasonably productive.

I'm sure down the line the contract will get worse. However, as we've seen from other teams, it's not impossible to get out of these.
This season he's playing 4 full minutes less per game than his average as an Islander.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
I guess there just has to be a contract which in fans eyes the GM needs to get rid of.

But KO isn't this guy... Yet. Didn't like the signing at the time - never will - but he's playing solidly & contract is hardly an albatross.

Botts need to be smart over the next few years - no stupid UFA deals please - and this team should be fine.

Reactions: Freeeeedom

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA

On the other hand, the cap continues to go up, so his cap hit becomes a smaller percentage of our payroll every year. It's not a good contract, but it's not a back breaker either.

Reactions: ZZamboni

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
He was so bad tonight.

Crying on the bench with a minute left rather then trying to be positive since were down by one and he’s an assistant captain

Reactions: DON VITO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad