Value of: What would it cost NJ to acquire Cam Fowler?

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
Exactly.

Fowler is still in his prime and a clear top pairing Dman.

Nothing short of Hischier would I move Fowler for.

NJD hasn't had a top pairing Dman in over a decade. Players like Hischier come every draft year.
Fowler is a below average top pairing d man. Do the devils have something the ducks want for him? probably not. But to build up Fowler like he’s this top of the game dman and then toss aside Hischier like he’s a run of the mill center is delusional. Fowler was only on pace for 32 points this year... Hischier was on pace for 56 points as a 20 year old center. And he’s not even known for his point production, rather his defensive prowess. He was even on a team with a -50 goal differential.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Hischier plus pick.

I'm not a big hischier fan so I dont think him alone would be enough for a top pairing Dman.

Sorry but that’s ridiculous. Nico gets so underrated on these boards. Great 2-way 20 year old center who was on pace for about 60 points in his sophomore year. Oh and he plays amazing defense, while getting little PP time. Wouldn’t do Nico for Fowler straight up. 20 year old, amazing 2-way centers are incredibly rare to come by. I know a devils fan made this but the disrespect Nico Hischier gets on the main boards here is out of control and people have no idea what they are talking about. The kid is crazy talented and has been getting better every game and will be a Selke winner in the future.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Hischier plus pick.

I'm not a big hischier fan so I dont think him alone would be enough for a top pairing Dman.

yikes.

Exactly.

Fowler is still in his prime and a clear top pairing Dman.

Nothing short of Hischier would I move Fowler for.

NJD hasn't had a top pairing Dman in over a decade. Players like Hischier come every draft year.

YIKES x2.

Really making yourself look silly here.

Wyzer Plan

May 11, 2011
This is a whole thread of Nj fans and Ana fans over inflating their own players. Nico is not a guaranteed selke winner and Cam is not a stud number one defensemen.

Imo the ducks would add a 2nd and the value is fair. And the 2nd is for what Nico might become. Potential is worth something.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This is a whole thread of Nj fans and Ana fans over inflating their own players. Nico is not a guaranteed selke winner and Cam is not a stud number one defensemen.

Imo the ducks would add a 2nd and the value is fair. And the 2nd is for what Nico might become. Potential is worth something.

If you look more carefully it is only one Ducks fan speaking that highly of Fowler. Generally he gets more hate than praise from Ducks fans on these boards.

vtdevils2k

"Lets Go Baby!"
Dec 16, 2013
Virginia

There is no way in hell Cam Fowler(who is a good player, but not a #1) is worth Nico Hischier....a second added still does not come close to getting it done.

The undervaluing of Nico is insane.

Reactions: devils29

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
NJ and the Ducks do have a history for making trades. I don't think the Ducks would be interested in trading Cam in his prime. However, I think they would consider a return for something like this:

Fowler
Eaves' expiring contract
AHL Player like Kossila
3rd Rounder

for

Wood
Zacha
Butcher/Santini
2nd Rounder

Adding Zacha would allow the Ducks to shop Henrique and the extra cap would allow the Ducks to pick up some free agent Dmen.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
NJ and the Ducks do have a history for making trades. I don't think the Ducks would be interested in trading Cam in his prime. However, I think they would consider a return for something like this:

Fowler
Eaves' expiring contract
AHL Player like Kossila
3rd Rounder

for

Wood
Zacha
Butcher/Santini
2nd Rounder

Adding Zacha would allow the Ducks to shop Henrique and the extra cap would allow the Ducks to pick up some free agent Dmen.

take out the 3rd going back to NJ And take out Zacha. Really dont' want to trade him right now. We could offer another young forward like a McLeod or something.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
I really don't see Anaheim trading Fowler, as they're already lost/traded some good defensemen in recent years and seem to be going forward with a core of Fowler, Lindholm and Mason.

Shero as has to watch the impact on the expansion draft, as NJ will certainly want to go with protecting 7F and 3D instead of a 4/4 split. There are just too many good forwards that need to be protected - Hall, Nico, Palmieri, Bratt and Zacha are 5 good bets to be protected, leaving only 2 spots for Zajac, Coleman, Wood, Anderson, McLeod and any UFA signings.

Severson and Butcher are already good bets to be 2 of 3 defensemen protected, leaving one spot for Vantanen or someone else acquired via trade or UFA. Maybe NJ brings in another player this offseason that gets protected and either trades Vantanen or waits until after the expansion draft to sign him, which would be a bit risky.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
as the title states - what would it cost NJ to acquire Cam Fowler?

Has friends in NJ and is a near perfect fit for the style of defenseman were looking for and he can handle the minutes we’d likely give him on our top pair with Severson.

Only assets off the table are pretty obvious for the most part
Once again Cam Fowler has a 4 team trade list, No reason to suspect they're on it. He has friends and family in Detroit as well. Doesn't mean he's going there.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
ducks gonna ask for way too much

False. Fowler can be had for there first round pick next season and a prospect.

First round pick needs to be unprotected though. This team is in rebuild mode. Worst in the league with Goals For this season and the same will happen next season. Ducks are old, slow, can’t score, injury prone you name it.

If Devils want Fowler? 2020 First round pick + Jocktan Chainey/Mitchell Hoelscher/Groleau.

Jersey can choose. I like all 3 equally.

Deal? Chainey/Groleau can replace Fowler in a year. Kids are super strong in the QMJHL. Devils are lucky to have em.

Last edited:

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Once again Cam Fowler has a 4 team trade list, No reason to suspect they're on it. He has friends and family in Detroit as well. Doesn't mean he's going there.

He himself can still waive it. Don’t see an issue here if he wants to goto New Jersey.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Anaheim isn't in a position to move Fowler. By moving out other defencemen (Theodore, Vatanen, Montour) Anaheim has committed to building around Lindholm/Manson/Fowler on the blueline for the foreseeable future and there isn't really anyone in the pipeline at this point who I see becoming as good as any of those three so a move doesn't make sense.

New Jersey has NHL ready Defenseman who can grow in the NHL. With low expectations in Anaheim? the team can groom them. Chainey and Groleau aren’t Defenseman to scoff at while grooming.

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
Fowler is a below average top pairing d man. Do the devils have something the ducks want for him? probably not. But to build up Fowler like he’s this top of the game dman and then toss aside Hischier like he’s a run of the mill center is delusional. Fowler was only on pace for 32 points this year... Hischier was on pace for 56 points as a 20 year old center. And he’s not even known for his point production, rather his defensive prowess. He was even on a team with a -50 goal differential.

You clearly don’t understand Fowler’s shutdown game. His break out passing and His Defensive game. Fowler is not relied on for his offensive abilities. He’s utilized on his back end work. He’s in our top 4 for that very reason.

This isn’t sammy Vatanen we are talking here. Two different styles of play.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
We do , we just aren't gutting the team to acquire him so we this fantasy proposal is not happening.
Id disagree... im pretty content with what have... nothing really jumps out to me from njd that is in realm of possibility

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Id disagree... im pretty content with what have... nothing really jumps out to me from njd that is in realm of possibility
That's fine because Fowler would.be a good add here but he seems a tad bit overrated. He doesn't really have any eye catching numbers and he gets paid good money at that. I'd pass on him and try to get Lindholm or Manson over Fowler.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
That's fine because Fowler would.be a good add here but he seems a tad bit overrated. He doesn't really have any eye catching numbers and he gets paid good money at that. I'd pass on him and try to get Lindholm or Manson over Fowler.
i dislike fowler prob as much as anyone, so i tend to agree

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->