OT: What would happen if Staples Center was destroyed?

Ryan120420

Dec 2, 2010
We would gather in Gilbert Lindsey Plaza and await further instruction...

Thank you for responding calmly in an emergancy. ;)

If something were to happen to Staples, it would be back to the ghetto ( aka the Fourm) for the Kings.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
You wouldn't have to worry about what the Kings would do if Staples Center got hit by an asteroid "or something."

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about sports much.

As a matter of fact, you wouldn't have to worry about anything much.

If you understand what I am writing here.

You trying to say the debris would fill the sky, block out the sun and vault us into an ice age? I think a more plausible scenario would be an earthquake causes structural damage and the building is deemed unfit. Clearly some courses on what happens to the planet if a giant asteroid hit are in order for the OP. If this guy and his friends think it will just smash a building and they will go on with their lives they skipped a lot of school, smoked a lot of pot, skipped a lot of school to smoke a lot of pot or they missed out on a lot of big Hollywood blockbusters from the late 90's.

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
Thank you for responding calmly in an emergancy. ;)

If something were to happen to Staples, it would be back to the ghetto ( aka the Fourm) for the Kings.

I heard that the Forum lo longer has ice-making capabilities. But you know what hearing things counts for nowadays....

If true, it'd take significant time and money to get the place up and running - tough for a short-term solution until a new arena was ready.

I'd guess they'd work it out with Honda Center.

I cringe to think what building a Staples Center would cost today. It was nearly $400M back in '99. I'd guess at least 50% more today than back then.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
I always wonder why they do emergency evacuation procedures so early, as well as the note about NOT GETTING OUT OF YOUR SEAT DURING GAMEPLAY!!!

There is hardly anyone in their seats when they make these announcements.

GuyInARoom

Dec 6, 2010
I always wonder why they do emergency evacuation procedures so early, as well as the note about NOT GETTING OUT OF YOUR SEAT DURING GAMEPLAY!!!

There is hardly anyone in their seats when they make these announcements.

I always think the same thing - they always say "safety is our number one priority" and I look around and think "If it's your number one priority then why do you make this announcement when 90% of the seats are still empty?"

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Godzilla is the one I always worry about. There is just no stopping him.

If an asteroid was heading towards the earth, I would have NASA send up the best blue collar deep sea drilling crew up to it. Once they drilled into its core, they could detonate a nuclear bomb and save earth.

I would much rather send up the ex-consigliere, air cav officer, and cowboy. That way when they split the asteroid into two pieces you get the added bonus of wiping out Washington, DC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad